Emails sending twice!!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 лет назад
We have an issue with the order placed sending twice as well as the order complete.  We were wondering if anyone could help us out on why this might be?  We stepped through the code and shows only sending once as well as looking in the admin where it shows sending to the customer only once but actually showing up in their mailbox twice.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
14 лет назад
Please follow the next steps:
1. Go to backend > system > message queue.
2. Find a sent email
3. Go to its details (click 'edit' link)
4. What value do you see in 'Send attempts' textbox?
14 лет назад
I think we may have done it. We are developing in Visual Studio 2008 on our local machines and pushing out versions for testing on a live server.  We think it may be something with Visual studio.  Most of the emails say 1 attempt. We switched databases before I could answer this question for sure.
The issue occurred only on our local shared database and worked fine on the live test server. So this my be something to lookout for for others.
13 лет назад
we are having the same problem, except messages are sending 3-6 times each!!

I checked and the Send attempts field says 1.  We are running on a shared web host.  

Our customers are getting really upset about receiving so many duplicate emails.  Is there any solution to this?  

I don't understand how it is possible.  I looked at the code and it marks an email as sent as soon as it gets sent successfully, so I don't understand how the system can send it multiple times.

Thanks in advance for your help.
13 лет назад
We have the same problem, we are running Nop 1.3 on our own server, but a very modified version so we cant upgrade.
Need to find a solution to this.

Anyone??
13 лет назад
There may be problem with email sender service.We also have the same problem previously, it tuned out the email service itself sending the mail twice.
13 лет назад
Hi, thanks for the post.  What do you mean by "email sending service?"  What is it and how did you discover it was sending twice (how did you diagnose the problem)?

Thanks!
13 лет назад
This happened to me to, but it was my error!

Basically, I had set up a production and test instance for my client, and both these were running, and pointing to the same database!

What I didn't realise was that emails were not sent directly when you performed an action on the shop, instead they were queued for sending later.

So, when I sent a message through the website it was queued and the message was then sent by both the test shop and the production shop.  

When the shop went live, I didn't shut down the "test" instance, therefore duplicate messages were sent.  To resolve this, just make sure you only ever have one instance of an nopCommerce shop pointing to a single database.

Thanks,
Stephen.
12 лет назад
a.m. wrote:
Please follow the next steps:
1. Go to backend > system > message queue.
2. Find a sent email
3. Go to its details (click 'edit' link)
4. What value do you see in 'Send attempts' textbox?

It says 5 . 5 send attempts.
and email delivering takes at least 10-15 min. and sometime i gets more than 3 emails for a order.??
please advice
12 лет назад
OOPS...
I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE TOO
MY STORE SENDS 5-6 WELCOME MESSAGES ON NEW REGISTRATION

I AM USING NOPCOMMERCE 1.7  AND THERE IS JUST ONE INSTANCE FOR ONE DATABASE
AND THE SEND ATTEMPTS IN LOGS WERE ALSO  JUST 1  .. YES 1

PLEASE HELP TO FIGURE OUT THIS ISSUE.

REGARDS
PRAD
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.