Product not supported on operating system

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 лет назад
Trying to install nopCommerce and getting message "The product you are trying to install is not supported on your operating system." I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium which is listed as one of the supported operating systems. What am I missing?
14 лет назад
Can you describe very explicitly the steps you are attempting to install?

I am assuming below you are attempting to create a development environment.

I have Vista Home Premium 64-Bit, and have been successful at installing it. Vista Home Premium comes with IIS7 installed by default.

You can check whether this is the case by going to your My Computer in menu system, and then right-click, then Manage. There should be Internet Information Services in there somewhere.

Steps I originally used:

- Installed Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Express edition.
- Installed MS Web Developer 2008 Express Edition.
- Also Installed --> Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 Management Studio Express for better access to the nopcommerce database once installed.*

Downloaded the full source version of NopCommerce 1.4 (or earlier if necessary)

Unzipped the NopCommerce 1.4 (with source) with folders intact into a folder within the default IIS web setting within Vista Home Premium:
c:inetpub\wwwroot\yoursitename\

Then use the IIS Manager as described further about to properly set that "yoursitename\nopcommercestore" as an application.

Once I had the files in the right place, and properly setup in IIS7 as an "application", I just then went to

http://localhost/yoursitename/nopcommercestore/

And you should see the NopCommerce install screen. When asked for your server name, make sure to use the sqlexpress naming convention -

yourcomputername\SQLEXPRESS
or try
.\SQLEXPRESS

Then the user/pass is the original admin user/pass you chose when installing SQL Server 2008 Express. You can test that connectivity by using the Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 Management Studio Express tool to make sure you can access your database with the credentials you are attempting to use to install NopCommerce.

You should be able to understand the NopCommerce install program from that point on. It's relatively intuitive.

Any questions, ask away...
14 лет назад
Thanks for your reply. As you may have guessed I'm new to web developing and IIS7.

I've followed you're instructions but am unsure about setting up my website in IIS7. In IIS I now have a website named and within that there are folders: Dependencies, Libraries, NopCommerceStore, Payment, Shipping, Tax. So I am as far as "Then use the IIS Manager as described further about to properly set that "yoursitename\nopcommercestore" as an application." from the instructions that you gave.

I tried "http://localhost/mysitename/nopcommercestore/" but got the message "Unable to connect. Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost."

When I look at my directory listing, I have c:/inetpub/wwwroot/mysitename... and within mysitename I have the folders listed above. I also have the folder c:/inetpub/wwwroot/aspnet_client.

I have been trawling through forums on the internet but haven't yet found an answer.
14 лет назад
This is the message that I am getting:

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 91:       </expressionBuilders>
Line 92:     </compilation>
Line 93:     <authentication mode="Forms">
Line 94:       <forms name="NOPCOMMERCE.AUTH" loginUrl="~/Login.aspx" protection="All" timeout="43200" path="/" requireSSL="false" slidingExpiration="true" defaultUrl="~/default.aspx" enableCrossAppRedirects="false"/>
Line 95:     </authentication>

Source File: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\herbi4\nopcommercestore\web.config    Line: 93
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.