Administration page broken -- menus extended and unreadbale

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 лет назад
GoDaddy automatically installs nopCommerce, so theoretically everything should be fine. This is a fresh install.

But this is what the Administration screens look like.

http://mariatalcott.com/stillbroken.jpg

What do you think  is wrong? And do you know how to fix it, since GoDaddy refuses to admit that their installation is broken? I've had GoDaddy install it twice, and each time it looks like this, with menus uncollapsed, and graphics seemingly missing.
14 лет назад
there have been a few post like this, one just a day or two ago.  search the forum, i know there were several more in december so maybe they found a fix ...
14 лет назад
Ok. Though if they found a fix, no one told GoDaddy since this is fresh.

I'll search.
14 лет назад
Well I tried a different tactic, of installing nopCommerce myself, from a download of nopCommerce from nopCommerce.com. I overwrote, via ftp, all the files except the config file with the database password info.

The same problem appeared -- the menus on the Administration pages all appeared opened rather than contracted, making it impossible to get to the content "beneath" them.

So my next tactic will be to download an earlier version of nopCommerce, on the theory that the current version of nopCommerce must be broken.

I noticed, however, that the rar file from nopCommerce.com contained several additional folders that were not present in GoDaddy's installation. I am tempted to try installing them as well, to see if they make a difference. I am not in front of my own computer at the moment so I can't name them yet, but essentially the rar file from nopCommerce had extra folders in the root directory, whereas the installation of nopCommerce from GoDaddy only included every folder in the store folder...
14 лет назад
Deffinetly not an issue with the latest version. I have done a number of install that work fine.
14 лет назад
Ok, I've checked the files.

What GoDaddy installs, and which I also installed, was everything in the "NopCommerceStore" folder -- which is only 1 of 6 root folders provided in the rar file!

What GoDaddy does NOT install, and which I also have not tried installing, are the following "extra" five folders in the root:

Dependencies
Libraries
Payment
Shipping
Tax

(Note that Payment, Shipping, Tax also exist in the NopCommerceStore subfolder, nopCommerceStore>Administration.)

So perhaps the lack of those five root folders is causing the problem? I can't imagine that GoDaddy would completely skip them if they were needed... but then again...
14 лет назад
no, they are not needed - did you try to pm some of the people who experienced this before ?
14 лет назад
I have not found anyone who has the same menus-extended problem as shown in the screenshot.
14 лет назад
At a guess I would say this is a stylesheet issue.  Where is your store installed?  Is it the root directory?  Maybe there are some path issues in the stylesheet which are used to generate the menu.
14 лет назад
That would be my guess as well, that it isn't finding the style sheet. I will look into where it is looking for the style sheet. The whole store was loaded into a directory all its own. I'll look around and report back.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.