GoDaddy Hosting Company

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 лет назад
Hello,

Has anyone installed nopCommerce on his/her GoDaddy shared hosting account? I am planning on installing it on my GoDaddy hosting account but wanted to ask for your opinion.

Could you please let me know!
14 лет назад
Lots of people on here have.  I believe it works but there are a few steps that need to be taken first.  If it was me I would be using another hosting company that supported full trust.
14 лет назад
Skiltz,

Thank you very much for your response. Do you happen to have the steps that I must take if I decide to choose GoDaddy as my hosting company? Do you have any reason why GoDaddy would not be a good hosting company for nopCommerce?
14 лет назад
I suggest you have a search on these forum for GoDaddy.  I've never used them so I'm not the best to ask.
14 лет назад
I installed nopCommerce 1.40 easily on GoDaddy.  Firt of all you will need to purchase the Deluxe hosting. Once you have your account set up, go to the quick apps, find e-commerce, then nopCommerce, then install now.  GoDaddy quick apps will install all the necissary files, create a DB and connect to the DB for you.  To log in to the admin, use the e-mail address you typed in when you were filling out the install info and use "admin" for your password.

Chad
14 лет назад
I am using it on my Godady Economy account which works nicely.
14 лет назад
Thanks Atarikg for the info. I noticed GoDaddy's economy plan does not provide SQL database. How do you host your database?
14 лет назад
Godaddy do provide sql with economy, but i wouldn't recommend godaddy. Reasons are as under

1.) If you plan to use Google Checkout, then forget about using godaddy. Google Checkout needs full trust and godaddy allows Medium trust, so you won't be able to use Google Checkout with godaddy.

2.) There are some issues with Order Invoices at godaddy, you may need to tweak nopcommerce to show you order invoices on godaddy server.

So far i have found these issues with godaddy.

My website  is on godaddy : Motorcycle Parts
14 лет назад
Thank you very much for the info! Your feedback really helped me a lot. If I understood your comment #2 correctly, you are having difficulties creating sales invoices from your submitted orders. Does noCommerce fails to convert a sales order to invoice? What type of tweaks must be done in order to fix this issue? Could you please provide some extra info since you are still using GoDaddy as your hosting provider?
14 лет назад
If you are using nopcommerce 1.40,

it is using iTextSharp dll for creating Order Invoice which by default requires full trust.

if you use godaddy, they give you medium trust.

so you have to add a line of code into iTextSharp and recompile to get a Medium Trust dll

then add that dll to you bin folder into hosting server

nopcommerce does create and order invoice but in pdf and then it saves it on some folder into the hosting server

you have to make sure that you have given read write permission to that folder.

Regards,

Adil
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.