When we add an aspx page along with .cs, we need to re-build the project ?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 лет назад
I want to add an aspx page in the project and obviously it will have .cs file along with it, i have some code in .cs file . Basically i want to add a page in which there are few text boxes , when user will fill out the text boxes and click on Submit, it will sent e-mail to my mailbox.

My website is already live, if i add this aspx page along with .cs, do i need to re-build the whole project ? and replace all the dll etc with the new ones ?

Or i can just add the new page in the web folder on the server and i don't have to re-build the project ?
14 лет назад
you will need to recompile
upload the .aspx file
upload
NopCommerceStore.dll
maybe also
NopCommerceStore.pdb  

to the bin folder
14 лет назад
well i added the page and i didn't re-build and it's working fine

plus i guess i read somewhere that when we are ADDING any new page along with .cs , we don't need to re-build as the only time we need to rebuild the code is when you have included the DLL and you dont have its source code

bcoz if we have both i.e. source code and dll, then it is automatically rebuild (whenever we make a change to your web app, it is automatically re-build by asp.net framework on your server)

does anyone agree with my understanding ?
14 лет назад
on top of .aspx page replace codebehind to codefile. this way you didnt need to recompile.
14 лет назад
i added the page along with .cs in my project and i didn't re-build and it's working fine , am i making project risky for future problems ?
14 лет назад
abcd_12345 wrote:
i added the page along with .cs in my project and i didn't re-build and it's working fine , am i making project risky for future problems ?

If you continue to use codebehind you need to re-compile. by doing this i think you making your project to risking for future update. keep in mind that if nop release an update. all your work will need to re-implement ( project recompilation )

but if you use codefile, you dont need to recompile. since your not touching the very source of nop. your just adding aspx/ascx.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.