upload database and nopCommerce files

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 лет назад
I am using Visual Studio 2008 on my local machine and would like to upload all my nopCommerce files including my database to my GoDaddy shared hosting account from my local machine.  My database is buried in the c:drive and I don't know how to export it.

Any help will be appreciated,
Chad
14 лет назад
As for the regular file, just do a normal FTP transfer into the directory/root for your site. As for the database upload, good luck, There are ways of doing it, but the godaddy admin setup for SQL is not too great for uploading or backing up. You may need to use some different tools.
14 лет назад
Please take a look at this:

http://help.godaddy.com/article/36

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/245252/how-do-you-upload-sql-server-databases-to-shared-hosting-environments

Hope it helps
14 лет назад
nope that thread does not help.  I have a site running on godaddy at the present time and it was easy to set up the database using their "install app". Does anyone here develop on their local machine then upload the changes using Visual Studio?

Ok, let me explain how I am working now and see if anyone knows how I want to work.  Currently, I have two sites and two databases, one on my local machine and one on my hosting server.  I am using the one on my local machine for development and when I know everything works the way I want it, I go the the server and make the same changes again.  So what I want to do is make my changes only one time, then upload the changes to the server.  But to do that, I will need to have shared access to the db between my local machine and the server.  I know how to upload files to my server but I do not know how to share the db.  

How do people recompile a site on their server?  Am I misunderstanding the definition of recompile?

Chad
14 лет назад
i just posted a brief description of how i deploy a database :

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/topic.aspx?topicid=3579

to deploy a site, i use filezilla - it really is a great tool

if i make any alterations to a deployed site - whether to a .ascx  file  or after a recompile, i use windows explorer as an ftp tool - moving folders/files from you local machine to host is as easy as moving files around your own computer

you cannot recompile on your host - you need to recompile on you local machine and upload the .dll files to the bin folder on your host but you only recompile if you change the c# code (and you do not need the c# code files to be uploaded, only the contents of your bin folder. to minimise the amount of files you upload, you can use the 'publish' tool in the build menu of VS

also, if you work on your site locally, but keep the database connection string to your hosted database, the changes will be made on your hosted db - the connection will be slower but you will not have to redeploy  the database every time (which is what i think you are doing) - i recommend you maintain 1 database, just back it up often
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.