Passing User Details particularly Passwords between nopCommerce and another app

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 лет назад
I have been playing around with nopCommerce for a few days and I am very impressed. However, I have another application (in ASP.NET) that I want to work alongside nopCommerce.  This app uses the built in ASP.NET login controls to register users, but as my user base will be common between the shop and the other app, I want to share userid and PASSWORDs between them and I really want to do it under application control.

So what I want to happen in simple terms is for a user to register with nopCommerce and for those user details to be extracted and passed into  the database underlying the other application.

I can see how to do that except with the password.  Is there anyway to extract an unencrypted password from the nopCommerce table?  Or is there an alternative approach?

I hope that makes sense.
14 лет назад
Nick.Wallbridge wrote:
I have been playing around with nopCommerce for a few days and I am very impressed. However, I have another application (in ASP.NET) that I want to work alongside nopCommerce.  This app uses the built in ASP.NET login controls to register users, but as my user base will be common between the shop and the other app, I want to share userid and PASSWORDs between them and I really want to do it under application control.

So what I want to happen in simple terms is for a user to register with nopCommerce and for those user details to be extracted and passed into  the database underlying the other application.

I can see how to do that except with the password.  Is there anyway to extract an unencrypted password from the nopCommerce table?  Or is there an alternative approach?

I hope that makes sense.

Are you hosting both applications on the same domain?

Is your plan to just use one login form to authenticate users for both apps or do you wish to allow users to log in at either application?

If the nopCommerce database is accessible from the other application, one solution would be to swap out the standard ASP.NET membership provider and use the nopCommerce one. This wouldn't be too difficult.

Am easier solution (if your apps are on the same domain) would be to use the same authentication ticket for both applications - see http://www.developer-corner.com/Resources/KnowledgeBase/tabid/118/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/23/Single-Sign-On-across-multiple-ASPNET-applications.aspx

HTH

Ben
14 лет назад
Thanks for the quick response Ben.

Yes, I plan for the apps to be in the same domain.  I will take a look at the Single Sign On you suggest - that sounds like what I need.

Thank you
Nick
14 лет назад
just read from the same database table
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.