Book Recomendations

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 лет назад
Does anybody have any books they loved that they found really helpful in learning how to design great websites?

I would really like to learn how to jazz up my storefront but I don't know anything about how to get it done, or even the lingo needed to get started. For now I am at the mercy of whatever premade templates are available.

I would love to go beyond using other people’s templates and actually make one myself or learn how to edit an existing one without wrecking everything.

Please share your recommendations and thanks in advance,

Robert
14 лет назад
I usually start a design with a pencil and piece of paper, sometimes I will use crayons.  I draw until something hits me, then I build on it.  There are a lot of color match sites that will help coordinate your colors, one of my favorite is http://www.colorblender.com/.   I would recommend reading ~ Design of Sites: Patterns for Creating Winning Websites by Douglas K. van Duyne, Jason I. Hong, James A. Landay

Good luck,
Chad
14 лет назад
Hey, thanks Chad.

I look forward to reading the book and will check out the web link later today.

Thanks again,

Robert
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.