shipping cost into total ordered amount

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 лет назад
Hi,

I am sure there is a way in Nopcommerce.

instead of free shipping, I like to give discount of shipping cost to a customer who purchases over certain overall purchase.

for example,
    if a customer purchases $200 of items, the shipping cost for his purchase will be discounted from the total amount. if the customer wants refund of the purchse (because of not damaged or whatsoever but simply want to refund), I don't have to lose the shipping cost.

eg. Kangaroo oil 1L , 1 Kg--->$150.00  
          Aussie Sexy Wine  2 kg---> $100.00
          Total : 250.00

during check-out
          shipping cost : $30.00
          Total: 250.00
          total amount you will pay: $220.00 (shipping cost discounted)

or is there any way we can handle shipping cost without this logic? can I say 'even though we gave you free shipping, we will charge the cost if you want to refund the purchse?' to my customer? I am sorry I don't have any idea about this situation.

Thanks
14 лет назад
hi oyoon,

post https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/topic.aspx?topicid=3530

is not an exact answer to your question, but it might help - you could also use free shipping over xx amount at the same time

as far as partial refunds are concerned, i know this was sppoken about a while back as a possible feature in future versions but i don't know if it was implemented in v1.5
14 лет назад
Thanks haydie.
In production e shopping site, may I ask who pays the shipping cost if the purchased items (free shipped) are refunded?
14 лет назад
sorry, are you asking in general legal terms,how this works ?  i would say that it depends on the laws of the country the store is based

in the uk, distance selling law states that a customer has the complete right to return an unwanted item for refund within 14 days and as far as i was aware, the postage should also be refunded but i have seen examples (on the terms and conditions of major retailers ) where they don't refund the postage for returns (unless the item was faulty)

That might be because they clearly state a refund policy in their terms and conditions - some charge a restocking fee (as much as 25%) for returned items

on my order confirm page, i put a checkbox beside the 'confirm' button with the text 'please tick to confirm you have read and accepted our terms and conditions of sale' beside this is a link to a popup window which opens the terms and conditions topic

customer have to tick to accept the terms and conditions - so hopefully, we are covered!

i recommend you contact your local trading standards office for country specific advice
- hayden
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.