Visual Web Developer 2008 Express

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 лет назад
nopcommerce.sln wont load in Visual Web Developer 2008 Express.
error (project system components not installed)
Can someone please advise solution.
Thanks
14 лет назад
The NTFS security settings will prevent nopCommerce from loading.  When I ran nopCommerce from my desktop I had to configure it as a virtual directory through IIS.  When I ran nopCommerce from my documents folder I did not have to do that.  Try configuring the directory you have nopCommerce in as a virtual directory from IIS.
14 лет назад
I have tried to install nopCommerce on two different windows xp computers and both have failed to install.
I have tried everything I can think of, wont install on either computer and wont load into Visual web 2008 Express.
I have an old version of nopCommerce 1.05 and it installs and runs no problem.
I even tried the microsoft web installer it wont install either, when it gets to the launch page it just stalls with permission error.
New version just does not like Windows XP.
14 лет назад
nova4444 wrote:

I even tried the microsoft web installer it wont install either, when it gets to the launch page it just stalls with permission error.

What is the error?
14 лет назад
with the web install it gets all the way to launch website.
When I click on launch, the website opens with error.
This error (HTTP 403 Forbidden) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the webpage.
14 лет назад
with the web install
It looks like some permission problem in the IIS.
1) Are you logged as admin?
2) Do you have .net framework 3.5 sp1 installed?

But you should download source and try to open it in visual studio. I guess you get project system components not installed.
2 things you can try
1)open visual studio and Check out the language setting at "Tools\Options\Environment\International Settings" and enabled the "English" ( or other ) language settings - DO NOT SET  "Same as Microsoft Windows".

2)You should have visual web developer express AND ALSO visual c# express, (and .net framework 3.5 sp1)
14 лет назад
I tried that, I still get this error

Solution folders are not supported in this version of the application.
Solution folder dependencies will be displayed as unavailable
14 лет назад
I finally got everything working.
For some reason the web installer could not find the location
of my SQL server, ( I guess I just got used to using Kentico)
I just edited the string in asp.net and it
installed ok.
For visual web 2008 express, i just loaded the program without
clicking ok at each error then from inside I deleted all the dependancies
and rebuilt them.
I then made another data base so I can run the program from
inside Visual or from the root folder.
Now that it is running I can see that it is fantastic.
Thanks for your help.
14 лет назад
I'm happy to hear this
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.