Multi Language Products and Categories in v1.5 & SEO

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 лет назад
Hi All,

I'm just in the middle of customising build 50052 and I have to say the multi language functionality is great across the whole of nop now.

Although I have one suggestion to make it even better: At the moment you have to perform a post back with the drop down to change the language meaning as far as SEO goes it'll only every be indexed in one language, if each language page could be avilable by it's own URL for eaxmple:

English version: http://domain.com/en-gb/products/1-nike-zoom-kobe-v-blue-black.aspx
Portugese version: http://domain.com/pt-pt/products/1-nike-zoom-kobe-v-azul-preto .aspx

And instead of a drop down, maybe an actual link (or something spiders can follow) to get to the different language versions - then all of the language pages would end up being indexed!

I would love to do this myself, but I'm still pretty new to nop at the moment - once I've got my first nop client project finished I will attempt it myself but I also just wanted to suggest it here too.

If anyone has any other suggestion on how we could acheive getting all language variations index I'd love to hear them.

Thanks
14 лет назад
Thanks for suggestion. It's already on our roadmap
14 лет назад
OK great! Thanks.
14 лет назад
Yes, this is a great feature and I'm happy to hear that it's on the roadmap :D
14 лет назад
I download and upgrated the version 1.5 over 1.4. It works fine. But I cannot find HOW I will add categories and products in 2 languages. I have installed 2 languages. The English worls fine and the topics too when I change the language BUt what about products? when I change language they still temain in English.
please help me
14 лет назад
petaloudas wrote:
I download and upgrated the version 1.5 over 1.4. It works fine. But I cannot find HOW I will add categories and products in 2 languages. I have installed 2 languages. The English worls fine and the topics too when I change the language BUt what about products? when I change language they still temain in English.
please help me

This feature will be available in the next 1.60 release
14 лет назад
nopCommerce team | a.m. wrote:
This feature will be available in the next 1.0 release

Grteat I will look forward for this. When do you think that the version 1.60 will be ready?
14 лет назад
petaloudas wrote:
When do you think that the version 1.60 will be ready?

In 2 months
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.