I have read past posts in the forums concerning problems with Froogle but I am still unable to get it to work properly for me.

Google Merchant wouldn’t allow me to use the web address for the initial feed – Google required a manual upload of the xml file since web addresses have forward slashes which were not allowed in the file name (after the initial upload, scheduled feed updates ostensably can be done using the actual web address of the feed, though I have never found any evidence that Google actually fetched the scheduled feed the following day).

After uploading the xml file produced by nopcommerce, Google said that 52 of the 155 products processed successfully and the remainder had errors. All the errors are “invalid encoding” errors
Google’s help page said “Your data feed contains an invalid character for the current encoding setting”

Has something changed with the formatting for Froogle now that it is Google Merchant that is causing the NopCommerce feed to be incorrectly formatted?

Has anybody else had any problems uploading the generated xml file to Google Merchant?

Can someone please help me? I will post the xml file if it will help.

Thanks again,
Robert