Binary picture storage

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 лет назад
Hi everyone,

I am trying to understand how to find the path in the database to the image stored in the images folder.

I know that nopCommerce stores pictures in a binary format but it also stores them in the images folder.

So if anyone can advice on where to find the path to the image would be really appreciated.
14 лет назад
you change the setting via admin     configuration  --> all settings  
Media.Images.StoreInDB

to edit the path look at

libraries--> Nop.BusinessLogic --> Media  --> PictureManager.cs
14 лет назад
What I mean by path is that I am trying to find the stored file name inside the database field that corresponds to the file name stored physically in the images folder.

Thank you.
14 лет назад
if you are not storing the images in the database (   in nop_pictures (dbo)   )

then the image is put in a folder (as decided by the image path in picturemanager)

the image is renamed  with a number which equates to the picture id in the above mentioned database table

and copies are created in 'thumbs'  named depending on the media images sizes set in global settings

so, the 214th image i uploaded has a picture id in the database of 214  and the original is saved as
0000214_0.png  - i set the picturemanager to save this in a folder called originals (even though it is not strictly an original image)

in the folder called thumbs, the related images appear :
0000214_125.png
0000214.png
0000214_200.png
13 лет назад
Thanks for the response.

Is there anyway to bypass the picture uploading from the admin page? It's very slow. Takes a while to open the product page, then a while until the picture tab opens and then uploading it an save button also is somewhat slow.

I have a fast connection and a fast computer so something has to do with the admin of nopcommerce.

Thanks.
13 лет назад
Exists a subfolder division or Nopcommerce puts thousands and thousands of images in the same folder?

A large amount of images in the same folder can have a negative impact in the global performance of the system, right?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.