Import products in bulk with images

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
8 лет назад
Hi

I wanna import a lot of products with images to my nopCommerce webshop.
I have read that i need to make an export first, that will give me an example of how the xml should be formed.
My problem is, in that xml i dont see any image url, so how will i tell the importer where to find the image.
This is what i see on ProductPicture part:

<ProductPicture>
  <ProductPictureId>32</ProductPictureId>
  <PictureId>51</PictureId>
  <DisplayOrder>1</DisplayOrder>
</ProductPicture>

Hope some one can help.
8 лет назад
nopCommerce doesn't support importing from XML. Please have a look at import/export to Excel (not XML)
8 лет назад
AxelAndersen wrote:
Hi

I wanna import a lot of products with images to my nopCommerce webshop.
I have read that i need to make an export first, that will give me an example of how the xml should be formed.
My problem is, in that xml i dont see any image url, so how will i tell the importer where to find the image.
This is what i see on ProductPicture part:

<ProductPicture>
</ProductPicture>

Hope some one can help.

We use Nop-Admin for bulk import, but you will need to fill data on excel template. All u do is copy and paste. Last night we imported 5600 products without any problem. I think they are working on excel product import for next version(3.80).
8 лет назад
a.m. wrote:
nopCommerce doesn't support importing from XML. Please have a look at import/export to Excel (not XML)

Hi, this question is not about xml import.
Its about how to tell the excel importer where to finde the image.
Is it an url to an image anywhere?
Like: http://images.friliv.dk/huge/Full-Zip-Jacket-600-9638.jpg
8 лет назад
Ok let me understand your question. You want to upload a lot of product with image.The upload file is .xml.
But the nopcommerce do not support xml import by default, that is not your problem somehow you manage to import xml file at nopcommerce. But you need to know format of xml. To understand the format of xml, you export a xml from nopcommerce and you see their is no Picture URL

<ProductPicture>
</ProductPicture>

But if the xml shows like

<ProductPicture>
  <Pictureurl>C:\Inetpub\vhosts\nopCommerce.com\admin-demo.nopCommerce.com\content\images\thumbs\0000052_adidas-consortium-campus-80s-running-shoes.jpg
</Pictureurl>
</ProductPicture>

then you do not have any question.

If I understand you question then I need to inform you that the image url of products are generated at run time.when you upload a picture it save as binary data at Picture table.
8 лет назад
Thank you, it was the name "Pictureurl" I could not find :-)
8 лет назад
No no I need to clarify more. The image url you see at public site or admin site it generate at run time so if you write a node at xml <ProductUrl></ProductUrl> it will not work.
8 лет назад
Ok, så how will I get a picture uploaded with an importer?
8 лет назад
Sorry @AxelAndersen I do not understand your question can you please clear a little more?
8 лет назад
I import a product with Excel (or my new XML importer)
I have all kind of data and it works fine, the product is listed in the shop.

How can I import images to match that product?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.