uk vat and frontpageslideshow

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 лет назад
Hi i am usiing nope comerce on a site and I need to no how i deal with vat in the uk as i only see tax options in nopcomerce has anyone used nopcommerce in a uk store yet

thanks
13 лет назад
Its the same way you would do any tax?  Vat is just Tax?  17.5% .. And you could change the language files to say inc VAT instead of inc Tax
13 лет назад
lol.btw, last year it was 15%.
13 лет назад
It's not quite that simple.

If the customer is in the UK they are charged VAT.

If they're outside the EU they're not.

If they're inside the EU but outside the UK they're charged VAT unless they supply a valid VAT registration number.

VAT can be 17.5%, 0% or (if memory serves) 5% depending on the nature of the product. Fortunately for me all of my employer's products and services are at the standard rate; however we will likely be doing business with companies in the EU and will need to charge them 0% if they supply a valid VAT number.

Can nopCommerce handle this scenario out of the box or will I need to write some code?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.