Can i install sql Server Db on sql express ?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 лет назад
Hi i decided to move my server shop to local. Can i move sql server 2014 Db to Express because for now i got errors.
7 лет назад
Describe how you "move"?  I think if you Backup (e.g. using SSMS), then you should be able to Restore if the SQL versions are both the same (e.g. 2014)
7 лет назад
I'm hosting my asp website on asphostportal.com. i can't make backup using Mssm ( i dont have access to folders when i try to make Backup from remonte server, some privilages i think). So i use build in tool on my admin panel in my hosting account.
So i download my backup of db then i create ne db with Mssm on my local machine and "right" click and restore. When i finished i have try to install nopcommerce but i get error. Nopcommerce is my downloaded files from website.
7 лет назад
SQL Server 2014 Express is the same as Standard or Web edition, but it has a limitation for the database size, memory usage, etc. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sql-server/sql-server-editions

You may have a problem if you try to restore SQL Server 2014 backup on SQL Server 2012. In this case you should create a DB script. As I understood, this is not your case.

Double check your Setting.txt file. You may have wrong connection string there. Otherwise please post your exception  here or provide more details, and we will try to help you.
7 лет назад
Ok i have made mistake, i thnik. First i have created Db and i run task over - restore and i i have got error. After i do like this.
Right click on Databases> Restore Database and it passed.

I dont know what was the problem but its worsks

Thanks.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.