Cant transfer order information to new NOP?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 лет назад
I have someone revamping my site and we are going to upgrade to the new NOPcommerce and they are telling me because the products are different that they can not transfer the old order info (years of customers orders) to the new NOP...is there a way around it?

I hace erased products before and NOP basically takes a snap shot of the order...wont it still import the data but just not relate it to any products?

Thanks everyone!
7 лет назад
Yes, there's a way. The process is very manual though, a lot of care is needed to make sure everything is correct. This is the number 1 issue my clients are facing when they engage me. And sometimes it can be very tricky. There's no "best way" to do it, because it really depends on the situation. :)
7 лет назад
alienears wrote:
I have someone revamping my site and we are going to upgrade to the new NOPcommerce ... the products are different...

Are you upgrading from an old version of nopCommerce?  If so, they should just do a standard upgrade (i.e run all the upgrade SQL scripts), and if none of those old products are still active, then they should just be unpublished.  This way, you keep all the order history intact.
7 лет назад
I am in an older version but I think the problem is that they created a new website (from template)
Would that effect changing to the new NOP?
Sorry Im a novice at all the coding etc...
7 лет назад
wooncherk wrote:
Yes, there's a way. The process is very manual though, a lot of care is needed to make sure everything is correct. This is the number 1 issue my clients are facing when they engage me. And sometimes it can be very tricky. There's no "best way" to do it, because it really depends on the situation. :)

Does that mean that you do it?
7 лет назад
alienears wrote:

I do a lot of nopCommerce upgrades for my clients. :)

alienears wrote:
I am in an older version but I think the problem is that they created a new website (from template)

Having a new template (for your new website) is totally a different issue from data retention from old site. The template have very little to do with Order data. :)
7 лет назад
Can you email me with some pricing on doing it.

wooncherk wrote:

Having a new template (for your new website) is totally a different issue from data retention from old site. The template have very little to do with Order data. :)
7 лет назад
Okay, I'll e-mail you soon. But you may also remove your e-mail to avoid getting SPAM. :)
7 лет назад
Jeez...what was I thinking! lol
Can I edit that post?

wooncherk wrote:
Okay, I'll e-mail you soon. But you may also remove your e-mail to avoid getting SPAM. :)
7 лет назад
alienears wrote:
Can you email me with some pricing on doing it.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.