General Qusetion re BTOB

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 лет назад
I am considering using nopCommerce for BTOB
I have customers with our own DOT Net ERP package and they now want their own customers to order on line
In sumnary functionality required would be

- upload stock,customers,prices from ERP to nopCommerce and download orders from Nopcommerce

- Shooping cart not required,rather way to enter simple order  ( just Product ,qty ,Daterequured

- when Order is saved , upload then or shortly afterwards to ERP
(Dont want the customer to pay when placing the order)

IS nopCommerce suitable for above

Tia
Ger
7 лет назад
I've customized nopCommerce to many kinds of systems. Other than being an e-commerce platform, I see nopCommerce as a general purpose development framework due to the fact that it supports almost any kind of operations needed in most applications, such as:

1) User management
2) E-mail
3) Basic CMS
4) Payments
5) Logging
6) IOC
7) Caching
8) ... and many more ...

Basically if you take out the e-commerce part (order management / shipping management) of nopCommerce, it's a very solid development framework that allows you to rapidly develop applications so that you don't need to re-invent the wheel.

:)
7 лет назад
Hi . Many thanjs for your reply.

A few of the sites I have seen look like they all have Shopping Cart with payments etc

In that I am looking to cut this down to just selecting products and qty's, and then "save" , will this end up in a whole lot of development/ removal of core NopCommerce stuff. I would also then be concerned about upgrading to different versions and losing development work I had done
7 лет назад
I wouldn't care about removing the actual C# codes. If you wish, just hide front-end UI for the features that you don't want.

I also wouldn't worry about upgrading issue, due to 2 reasoning:

1) If you develop your own framework (and assume it's done to the level of completeness of nopCommerce), the time you spend developing the framework is already more than the time you use to upgrade nopCommerce.

2) If you decide to use a ready-made framework (any framework out there, not necessarily nopCommerce), you need to go through the same upgrade process regardless of the framework you choose.

And trust me, when you are really in the business, item (2) almost never happen (or only happens once every 1 - 2 years), because you'll be busy adding new features / perfecting current features, upgrading the framework becomes the least important things you want to do.

That's just for me though, and have worked well for me (and my clients) so far. Of course, I am more of a "practicalist" than a purist. :)
7 лет назад
I had basically the same requirements and the same questions a year ago so the short answer here is that I agree with Wooncherk that nopCommerce is a great "development framework" to start with (assuming that you intend to heavily modify the application) and is also the platform I moved ahead with.
7 лет назад
Except for UI customizations for "way to enter simple order", it sounds like you're just doing a 'basic';)  ERP integration:
-  ERP product catalog (& inventory) ->  nopC
-  nopC new customers -> ERP
-  nopC new Orders -> ERP  (adjust inventory)
7 лет назад
Thanks for  all replies and general consensus seems to be it is worth progressing for my specific requirements

Is it easy to amend existing nopCommerce shopping cart to simplify it?

Just wondering if it means just taking out bits here and there or will I  need to develop  new  screens and will this take weeks or months so it fits in with the nopCommerce way of doing things
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.