Currency Conversion and Fixed Global Prices

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 лет назад
Hi,

We're looking to convert prices based on a selected currency, however some products will need to have set prices in certain countries.

If a product doesn't have the set price for a currency, then convert as normal.

For example:

Product A
- £20
- $60
- €45
.. etc

Where as Product B can use the regular fixed price conversion that's built into NOP

- £20
- $24
- €22

- We're on Nop 3.0 (can't upgrade atm due to some changes to the core)

I've not tested currency conversion before, but I assume if someone pays $60 USD for order total, when the base currency is GBP, it will store it in the DB/back-end as $60 and flag the order, somewhere, as a USD order?

Is there a plugin that handles this / has anyone done this sort of project before?

If there's interest to develop something like this, we are keen to take on freelance projects.
Please let me know/message me at [email protected] - I'm currently writing up a full spec.

Thanks!
7 лет назад
jorgeb wrote:
We're looking to convert prices based on a selected currency, however some products will need to have set prices in certain countries.

Prices per currency is on the product roadmap for version 3.90, but then it was on the product roadmap for 3.80, 3.70, 3.60, 3.50 and 3.40, and the Github workitem is currently labelled as "on hold / maybe wont" so I'm not sure if it's going to happen. The workitem gives some idea of the complexity involved once you start considering all the different prices that exist in nop.

jorgeb wrote:
If there's interest to develop something like this, we are keen to take on freelance projects.
Please let me know/message me at [email protected] - I'm currently writing up a full spec.

When you say your keen to take on freelance projects do you mean your keen to take it on yourselves as a freelance project or you want to pay someone else to take it on as a freelance project? I'm guessing the latter but it's not very clear. It might be difficult to find a developer to take it on at a reasonable price as the potential market for the plugin obviously shrinks if the feature is introduced in the core. It might be worth talking to the Nop Solutions team to see what the current state of play is; maybe you could bung them some cash to bring it back up the priority list and backport it to v3.00 :-)
7 лет назад
Hi petemitch,

Thanks for the heads-up! Didn't realise it was in consideration for a future Nop release. It's a pretty important business requirement for us, hence the urgency to get it developed! That's right, would be a project for someone/a company to develop for us.

Thanks,
Jorge
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.