Force shipping charge for downloadable option IF certain product attribute exists

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 лет назад
Hi everyone,

I am wondering how/if this can be done.

I have a product that is a PDF. It can also be a physical book. Or it can be a configuration that includes both.

Is it possible to set up a single product, and then, based on the product attributes, force shipping charges to be applied? If this were only a domestic shipping issue I would change the attribute to include the price, but there can be international shipping as well. I am using V 3.40.

Please help, need to figure this out soon

Thanks in advance!
J
7 лет назад
An option is to create a grouped product that has three simple products - Book only, PDF only, Book & PDF.

Otherwise, if you want to do it with an attribute as you described, then I think this can be done with Shipping Director.  However, note the caveats...

Your product needs to have the "Shipping enabled" property checked, and also needs to have weight / dimensions configured (because most carriers need that to provide an accurate shipping rate).

If none of the products in the cart have "Shipping enabled" checked, then nopCommerce bypasses the shipping address & method selection pages in the checkout process. But then also, if you have "Shipping enabled" checked and the customer does not choose the book attribute (and only downloadable products are in the cart),then they will still have to select a shipping address and method.  Shipping Director can set the rate to 0.00.

So, in your case Shipping Director can detect that there are only downloadable products in the cart that don't have a "book" attribute, and then return only a shipping option with 0.00 rate.  Here's an example:

OptionExit   Shipping    Items.All(Product.IsDownload and NOT HasAttributeValue("Options","Book"))    0.00
Option       USPS        true                                                                         Shipping.USPS

See this blog for more info about using HasAttributeValue().   Contact us at support at noptools.com if you need more info.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.