Copy Product Error

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
7 лет назад
Hi, for some reason I just started getting an error when doing "copy product" it says "An error occurred while updating the entries. See the inner exception for details." but there is no entry in the Logs....any ideas? I'm on Nop 3.90
7 лет назад
dootchie wrote:
Hi, for some reason I just started getting an error when doing "copy product" it says "An error occurred while updating the entries. See the inner exception for details." but there is no entry in the Logs....any ideas? I'm on Nop 3.90

Have you used source code version ? If yes then you can debug using visual stdio.
7 лет назад
sohel wrote:

Have you used source code version ? If yes then you can debug using visual stdio.

That was my next step too. I think it has to do w/the attributes for some reason.
7 лет назад
A couple of cautions to you on copying products:

Google "Site Hacked" Flag
Facebook pictures do not match product pictures

Google:
If you have in any way altered the SEO or tag info, they will not be overwritten by NOP settings for friendly URLs, etc.  Google sees SEO info that doesn't match the product and puts out a "Site may be hacked" flag on your listing.
Very frustrating to run this down.  Found out that the product copy and failure to update the SEO info by my client caused a multi year "Hacked Site" situation.  Of course I chased my tail for some time while he copied products and changed stuff while I was troubleshooting.  Finally was able to let him know HE was the hacker and we had a bit of a laugh.

Facebook:
We frequently hear from clients who have the share FB button on their site pages.  If the product is one copied from a previous product, FB has cached the image info for speedy retrieval.  Sadly it usually doesn't match the actual product and therefore shares info about something completely different.  So the copy is a nice feature for many reasons, but it doesn't always place nicely with FB.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.