Send notifications to customers

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 лет назад
Hello,

I'm developing a new payment plugin and i need to send a notification to customers after the order is placed, The notification should have payment details.

Can i simple create a new mail and send a mail to the customer? If so, how to do it? Or i need to create a new template and used this template to send the notification?

Many thanks,
Pedro
6 лет назад
[email protected] wrote:
Hello,

I'm developing a new payment plugin and i need to send a notification to customers after the order is placed, The notification should have payment details.

Can i simple create a new mail and send a mail to the customer? If so, how to do it? Or i need to create a new template and used this template to send the notification?

Many thanks,
Pedro

As I understand it, when the order status is set to "Paid", the built-in message template will automatically be sent:

OrderPlaced.CustomerNotification
..or OrderCompleted.CustomerNotification (depending on your configuration)

But if you need to send a special email to the customer, you can go to the admin area >> and view the Order..then click the customer email address and it will open his account..click the Send Email button.
6 лет назад
In my case is before the order is Paid, i need to send a notification with payment details.
But if i use the templates, how should we deploy the template updates.

Thanks for the reply
6 лет назад
[email protected] wrote:
In my case is before the order is Paid, i need to send a notification with payment details.
But if i use the templates, how should we deploy the template updates.

Thanks for the reply

OrderPlaced.CustomerNotification is sent when an order is placed (saved to database)..not paid.
Simply enable this message template and add your payment instructions to the template so that after checkout, the customers will receive instructions how to pay.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.