Address selections dont get saved in onepagecart, why?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 лет назад
Im on onepagecheckout:
- On billing I deselect "Ship to the same address"
- I add a new shipping address
- I now proceed to shipping methods
- Now I go to any other page, say to add something I forgot, then back to onepagecheckout
- One onepage cart
"Ship to the same address"is now checked again (I unchecked it)
- The new shippping address I added on shipping stage isnt selected. Its in the dropdown list but its not selected.

Customers could easily not see this and get it wrong, and/or its annoying for them to have to select something they already selected.

Is this by design or something missing?

thanks
6 лет назад
I am not sure, but I imagine it is by design, and for the same reason you described....in the same way that a customer might decide to go back and buy something else, a customer might also decide to use a different address..but at least it is saved for them to choose..

Also, they can see their choices again on order confirmation page in case they missed it, it's easy to go back in OPC.
6 лет назад
Just to add a bit more to this answer (although embryo is correct). Anytime you start the checkout in both (normal or opc) the following function is called;

//reset checkout data
_customerService.ResetCheckoutData(_workContext.CurrentCustomer, _storeContext.CurrentStore.Id);

As you make selections in checkout, your choices get saved as generic attributes on the customer profile. For example, discount codes/ gift cards, reward points, address selection, payment method, shipping method, etc.

If you left the checkout, altered your cart, various factors would/could be affected... eg. are the discount coupons loaded still valid? Are the reward points affected by whatever was added/removed in the cart? Is the shipping method previously selected valid based on the products that have been changed, etc.?

Resetting these values whenever you enter/begin checkout reduces the risk on shop owners.

If you really wanted to exempt address selection from being cleared, a small mod would be required.  

thx
6 лет назад
OK understood, thanks guys
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.