Virtual Gift Card - Require other products added to the cart: is it possible?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 лет назад
Hi,
Exploring some promotion ides for our shop. Nope 3.6 version.

Is it possible to create a Gift card product  that is virtual and use the Require other products added to the cart with the Automatically add these products to the cart option checked?

Scenario:
We want to be able to add a virtual gift card/voucher to the cart when someone buys a particular product.
So Buy product X and get $100 voucher/gist card to use on the next purchase.

On a side note is it possible to limit the use of a virtual gift card to specific products, manufacturers or categories?

Thanks Chris
6 лет назад
ChrisLudwig wrote:
Hi,
Exploring some promotion ides for our shop. Nope 3.6 version.

Is it possible to create a Gift card product  that is virtual and use the Require other products added to the cart with the Automatically add these products to the cart option checked?

Scenario:
We want to be able to add a virtual gift card/voucher to the cart when someone buys a particular product.
So Buy product X and get $100 voucher/gist card to use on the next purchase.

On a side note is it possible to limit the use of a virtual gift card to specific products, manufacturers or categories?

Thanks Chris

I tried to hire a developer to develop a "freebie" plugin that would allow the admin to select particular items in the inventory to add to the cart with zero price if other particular items are purchased...which sounds very much like what you are wanting.

It turned out to be an extremely complex ordeal because the stock levels of the gift items also had to be dealt with....and we opted to not have it developed.

HOWEVER...because your idea is to give away "VIRTUAL" items, I don't see why it couldn't be done much more easily.
There is no actual physical stock to account for.

I'd contact one of the major plugin developers about your idea. It is a good one.
I'd suggest the following developers:
www.foxnetsoft.com
www.nop-templates.com

They may also like it and release it as a plugin for sale on the directory...or maybe at least they will develop it just for you. (and you can share with me!! ;-)

...and...nope...as of 3.90, it is not yet possible to define which products, or which categories, or which manufacturers that a Virtual Gift Card can be redeemed towards.

There IS a plugin which allows you to create coupons that can be redeemed only on products in particular categories:
https://www.nopcommerce.com/p/1970/block-discount-on-category-atluzcom.aspx
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.