What's the proper SQL Server name when your server is a domain controller?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 лет назад
I had this up and running on a Dell T110 running Windows Server 2012 Essentials.  Unfortunately, as I found out, Server 2012 Essentials will reboot itself every 5 days if it's not a Primary Domain Controller.  So, with my limited knowledge of servers, I converted it to a PDC.  Now, every time I try to load my website, it goes to the Install page.

After a bit of searching and trial/error, I discovered that the likely culprit was that it couldn't find the database anymore.  Settings.txt is in the AppData folder, I checked that too.  The only thing I could think of is that my SQL Server changed a little.  For instance, in SQL Server, the server name is now listed as:

MICKEY (SQL Server 11.0.2100 - PDC\Admin)

PDC is the name I gave to my domain.  Would that impact my connection string in Settings.txt?  If so, what do I need to change my connection string to?
6 лет назад
Lecher wrote:
...  Would that impact my connection string in Settings.txt?  If so, what do I need to change my connection string to?

Hi.
This one param ...
Data Source= YOURservername
6 лет назад
So my previous connection string was:

DataConnectionString: Data Source=MICKEY;InitialCatalog=RecordStore;Integrated Security=True;Persist Security Info=False

Given the info in my question, what should I change in my connection string?
6 лет назад
I can't figure out how to edit a post, so I'll add this also; I do my Dev work on the same server, but on a different drive.  The SQL Server is local, so both Dev and Prod versions are on the same machine, pointing to the same database, the only difference is my Dev version is on my D:\ drive and my Prod version is (obviously) in C:\InetPub\wwwroot.  It continues to work perfectly in Dev, I can load the site, go to the Admin panel, make changes, etc.  In Prod, it only pulls up the Install form, even after I've assured both Settings.txt and InstalledPlugins.txt are in the App_Data path in Prod.
6 лет назад
Figured I'd leave this answer here, though I'm not sure it will help anyone else...

In my IIS setup for this site, there's a Connection String setup.  I never had to touch this before, but on a lark I copied my connection string into that setup screen.  Voila!  My site is up and running again.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.