Default language setting

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 лет назад
Hi,

I have Running Version 4.0 with installed 2 languages German and English. English is not publish German is publish.

Now when I want to edite for example products i have 3 Felds to fill Default, German, English. For me and my vendors it‘s confusing why the is a default language? Can I remove the default, set it just to German and remove English?

Greating
5 лет назад
Hello,

Default is for display in both language. But if you specify content for English and German separately then it will override default one.

You can't disable default tab through setting. If you want to disable then you have to customize in code.

Thanks,
Jatin
5 лет назад
Thank you, do you know how and where to change this in code? To delete English I have to uninstall the language?
5 лет назад
Peppi wrote:
Thank you, do you know how and where to change this in code? To delete English I have to uninstall the language?

Hello,

You can disable tab from view page. And Yes you can Unpublish English language.

Thanks,
Jatin
5 лет назад
Hi Jatin,

The strange is that I have allready unpublished English, but the English tab is still visible. Is that the correct functionality?
5 лет назад
Peppi wrote:
Hi Jatin,

The strange is that I have allready unpublished English, but the English tab is still visible. Is that the correct functionality?

Yes i see.

Do you have source code? You can hide using jquery display none property.

Thanks,
Jatin
5 лет назад
Peppi wrote:
Hi,

I have Running Version 4.0 with installed 2 languages German and English. English is not publish German is publish.

Now when I want to edite for example products i have 3 Felds to fill Default, German, English. For me and my vendors it‘s confusing why the is a default language? Can I remove the default, set it just to German and remove English?

Greating

There are not any setting available to remove standard language tab.

If you want to remove standard language tab than you have to customize in view as well as controller so, source code is needed.

If you have two language German and English.

Than, default nop display Standard,german and english tab.

suppose if you want to unpublish english than tab is not remove but language selection dropdown exclude that language.

Note for unpublish language:-

Deternmine whether this language published and can therefore e selected by visitor to your store.

Hope you will understand.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.