Sys is undefined error. (I can't add new products)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 лет назад
I am hosting nopCommerce 1.60 at Arvixe, I can tell that the host is really good, very fast in both site performance and support.

I originally hosted my webiste at GoDaddy that I found it is tooooooo slow to open the site at the first time (as ASP.NET worker process shuts down after 20 minutes idle time - also, I do not think GoDaddy supports Ping function as I set a cron job to ping the site every 10 minutes - still no joy!!!) and even worse that the site goes down every morning at 9:30am in UK time, for at least 20 minutes, after that, it required at least 3 minutes loading time.

I read a lot of reviews and also recommendations here, finally I chose Arviex although at the beginning I was a bit concerning to host at USA for UK customers. Also, while I was doing mirgration to Arviex, their online support team was really helpful, they restored database for me in just a few minutes.

The same as above, I am not advertising at all, just to share my own experience.

Hope it helps!

Eric
www.gecigarette.com
13 лет назад
[email protected] wrote:
Hi, I followed what you told - replace the AjaxToolkit.dll file with the orignal dll file, it is still not working.

I am using Nop1.6 at Arviex as well.

Thanks.

I also had the same issue with Arviex. I finally found the reason after read a lots of articles, in my case, I also replaced AjaxToolkit.dll with the original one, still not working:

Not sure if everyone went through the same procedure as what I did. Basically, if you go to Control Panel -> open a Website -> do an update by clicking the button, after then your web.config file will be changed. In my case, the <handlers> section has been removed completely under <system.webServer>, so in this case, add the follow section back to web.config:

<handlers>
      <remove name="WebServiceHandlerFactory-Integrated"/>
      <remove name="ScriptHandlerFactory"/>
      <remove name="ScriptHandlerFactoryAppServices"/>
      <remove name="ScriptResource"/>
      <add name="ScriptHandlerFactory" verb="*" path="*.asmx" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
      <add name="ScriptHandlerFactoryAppServices" verb="*" path="*_AppService.axd" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
      <add name="ScriptResource" preCondition="integratedMode" verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
      <add name="PricelistHandler" verb="*" path="pricelist.csv" preCondition="integratedMode" type="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.ExportImport.PricelistHandler, Nop.BusinessLogic"/>
    </handlers>

Try to double check your web.config file once you find all AJAX behaviours are not working (for me, all tabs, e.g.: My Account at front-end, and Global Settings at back-end, etc., are all NOT working).

Let me know how you getting on.

Eric
www.gecigarette.com
13 лет назад
    <handlers>
      <add name="PricelistHandler" verb="*" path="pricelist.csv" preCondition="integratedMode" type="NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.ExportImport.PricelistHandler, Nop.BusinessLogic"/>
      <add name="ScriptHandlerFactory" verb="*" path="*.asmx" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>       
      <add name="ScriptHandlerFactoryAppServices" verb="*" path="*_AppService.axd" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>       
      <add name="ScriptResource" preCondition="integratedMode" verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>     
    </handlers>

This change [web.config] solved for me the problem with .NET 4.0....
13 лет назад
Genesis's solution worked for me. Thanks..

It should be because of Arvixe but all you have to do refresh your web.config file.
13 лет назад
Genesis wrote:
Hi, I followed what you told - replace the AjaxToolkit.dll file with the orignal dll file, it is still not working.

I am using Nop1.6 at Arviex as well.

Thanks.
I also had the same issue with Arviex. I finally found the reason after read a lots of articles, in my case, I also replaced AjaxToolkit.dll with the original one, still not working:

Not sure if everyone went through the same procedure as what I did. Basically, if you go to Control Panel -> open a Website -> do an update by clicking the button, after then your web.config file will be changed. In my case, the <handlers> section has been removed completely under <system.webServer>, so in this case, add the follow section back to web.config:

<handlers>
      <add name="ScriptHandlerFactory" verb="*" path="*.asmx" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
      <add name="ScriptHandlerFactoryAppServices" verb="*" path="*_AppService.axd" preCondition="integratedMode" type="System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
      <add name="ScriptResource" preCondition="integratedMode" verb="GET,HEAD" path="ScriptResource.axd" type="System.Web.Handlers.ScriptResourceHandler, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
    </handlers>

Try to double check your web.config file once you find all AJAX behaviours are not working (for me, all tabs, e.g.: My Account at front-end, and Global Settings at back-end, etc., are all NOT working).

Let me know how you getting on.

Eric

Thank you very much Eric, that got rid of my headache and fixed my global settings issue. I changed hosting package (using Helm) because it didn't support "Full Trust" but with them the global settings page was working fine, after changing to a "Full Trust" Hosting package (using Plesk), the global settings didn't work, but thanks to you it is working now :)

Thanks,
Chris
13 лет назад
Thank you Genesis.

This works perfectly.. For me, I still had a <handlers> section in my web.config. Delete the whole thing and paste the block that Genesis posted. (all that really matters is that you don't have duplicate entries or you'll get your favorite .NET error page.)

use the web.config located in the root folder, not the administration. Running .NET 4 Integrated pool on Windows 2008 R2 64-bit.

copied and pasted the entire <handler> in place of what was there. worked great.

Happy hunting, and thanks again.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.