Resolved: Moving/displaying the star ratings on other page

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 лет назад
Ok, after hours of trying this I can not get the star rating to display on another page. I am trying to include the star rating in the ProductBox2.ascx layout which is part of the ProductsInLine1.ascx, as in ProductBox2.ascx is called as a module from ProductsInLine1.ascx.

I have included the following in the page ProductBox2.ascx;

<%@ Register TagPrefix="nopCommerce" TagName="ProductRating" Src="~/Modules/ProductRating.ascx" %>

and set up a new div in the page to call the control;

<div class="ratings">
            <nopCommerce:ProductRating ID="ctrlProductRating" runat="server" />
    </div>

The project compiles without errors, but the star rating is not displayed.

Thanks,

James.
13 лет назад
Hi,

I *THINK* you need to pass the product or variant ID to the user control in the aspx/ascx container so it knows which product the rating is for.

So onload or prerender needs something like UserControl.ProductID = product.ProductID where product is the product that the page is showing.

HTH.
13 лет назад
Thanks for your reply. What you have suggested is the road I have been trying to go down, but I am not very good at programming and can't seem to get it to work. I am looking at the OneVariant.ascx.cs. It seems that the code below is part of what sets up the rating system, but I get stuck with multiple errors when I recompile if I try to "copy" this code across to the ProductBox2.ascx.cs file.

protected void BindData()
        {
            var product = ProductManager.GetProductById(this.ProductId);
            if(product == null || product.ProductVariants.Count == 0)
            {
                Response.Redirect(CommonHelper.GetStoreLocation());
            }
            ctrlProductRating.Visible = product.AllowCustomerRatings;
            BindProductVariantInfo(ProductVariant);
            BindProductInfo(product);
        }

It seems you need to have the following to get the product id;

public int ProductId
        {
            get
            {
                return CommonHelper.QueryStringInt("ProductId");
            }
        }

Anyone any further suggestions?

Thanks,

James.
13 лет назад
As you noticed, you need to pass the ProductId to the ProductRating control. This can be done using a viewstate value with the following changes:

1. Change the ProductId property in the ProductRating control (fie: Modules\ProductRating.ascx.cs) from:
public int ProductId
{
    get
    {
        return CommonHelper.QueryStringInt("ProductId");
    }
}

to the following:
public int ProductId
{
    get
    {
        int productId = 0;
        productId = CommonHelper.QueryStringInt("ProductId");

if (productId == 0 && this.ViewState["ProductId"] != null)
        {                    
            productId = (Int32)this.ViewState["ProductId"];
        }
        return productId;
    }
    set
    {
        this.ViewState["ProductId"] = value;
    }
}

2. Add the ProductId to the ProductRating tag you already added to ProductBox2 (new code underlined).
<div class="ratings">
  <nopCommerce:ProductRating ID="ctrlProductRating" runat="server" ProductId='<%# Eval("ProductId") %>' />
</div>

3. Add a script manager to the ProudctsInLines1 (Templates\Categories\ProductsInLines1.ascx) category template and the Search (Modules\Search.ascx) control (Search uses ProductBox2 to display results).
<ajaxToolkit:ToolkitScriptManager runat="Server" EnableScriptGlobalization="true"
    EnableScriptLocalization="true" ID="sm1" ScriptMode="Release" CompositeScript-ScriptMode="Release" />

4. Recompile the project.

13 лет назад
Thanks you so much!!! That worked a treat :) I had been looking at this for hours.

Cheers,

James.
13 лет назад
Do this trick work in Detail Page , too?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.