The same bug with images stored in db in V1.7

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 лет назад
nopCommerce team | a.m. wrote:
Correct, records are added to the database (they should be added in any case). But huge BinaryData is not saved

a-haaa ok I got it now. So this field is like a refference to name of the images on the disk. That what confused me, thanks for clearing it.
Why not to save the images names as is - in nvarchar and not in binaryData??  I think this would help to manage images in more cleary way.
13 лет назад
If the image is not stored in DB, where is the image reference data? It seems not in the Picture table.
13 лет назад
Sorry, just foundd it: name the picure by PictureID and convert pictureID to String by mixing with "0000000". For example, the pictureID=123, then the file saved in image folder will be 0000123.jpg
13 лет назад
what if add a column in Nop_picture table name it "uri" where i will store uri relative path to get images?
it could  be an easy way to manage pictures also when migrating from another CMS like i'm trying to do :)
i'm migrating from Zencart to NopCommerce. On Zencart image uri is stored in database.
This way i need only to copy the uri from old CMS Database to NopCommerce Database.
And let the PictureManager look for uri when that column has a value.

I think that write uri to store images is a practice way to manage images for administrator.
This way i can give structure and names that makes sense, to pictures, instead of "ID.jpg"

Should it be possible to see this kind of option on next releases of NopCommerce?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.