500 Server Errors and Access Denied when installing Plugins (ver.4.10)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
5 лет назад
Hi there,

I have installed a no source copy of version 4.10 in an AWS instance and cannot install any plugins. The log seems to be pointing to permissions issues. Here is what I have tried so far:

I have given the IIS_AppPool of the current site full control, along with a number of other system users. IIS_IUSRS only has read and execute permissions to prevent security issues.

I disabled overlapped recycle on the application pool and disabled shadow copying (as advised on various posts here).

I unblocked the zip files and also tried extracting the plugins to manually unblock the dlls and and install the plugins.

What else have I missed?

Here is the Stack Trace from the log (I removed the Paths for security):

Application startup exception: System.Exception: Plugin '[plugin name]'. Access to the path '[dll path]' is denied.
---> System.Exception: Plugin '[plugin name]'. Access to the path '[dll path]' is denied. ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '[dll path]' is denied.
   at System.IO.FileSystem.DeleteFile(String fullPath)
   at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
   at Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.ShadowCopyFile(String pluginFilePath, String shadowCopyPlugFolder)
   at Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.PerformFileDeploy(String plug, ApplicationPartManager applicationPartManager, NopConfig config, String shadowCopyPath)
   at Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.Initialize(ApplicationPartManager applicationPartManager, NopConfig config)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.Initialize(ApplicationPartManager applicationPartManager, NopConfig config)
   at Nop.Web.Framework.Infrastructure.Extensions.ServiceCollectionExtensions.ConfigureApplicationServices(IServiceCollection services, IConfiguration configuration)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.ConventionBasedStartup.ConfigureServices(IServiceCollection services)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.EnsureApplicationServices()
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.Initialize()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost.BuildApplication()
crit: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.Internal.WebHost[6]
      Application startup exception
System.Exception: Plugin '[plugin name]'. Access to the path '[dll path]' is denied.
Access to the path '[dll path]' is denied.
---> System.Exception: Plugin '[plugin name]'. Access to the path '[dll path]' is denied. ---> System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '[dll path]' is denied.
   at System.IO.FileSystem.DeleteFile(String fullPath)
   at System.IO.File.Delete(String path)
   at Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.ShadowCopyFile(String pluginFilePath, String shadowCopyPlugFolder)
   at Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.PerformFileDeploy(String plug, ApplicationPartManager applicationPartManager, NopConfig config, String shadowCopyPath)
5 лет назад
Be sure to enable write permissions to folder/files as mentioned in the installation guide
5 лет назад
Hello again,

Just to be clear, I should give IIS_IUSRS write permissions to those folders?  Thanks for your help!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.