Newbie looking for cheapish/reliable host

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 лет назад
Hi All,

I am a relative newbie when it comes to nopCommerce implementation so please be patient with me. :) However, I am an ASP.NET Developer by profession, so hopefully this shouldn't be completely new territory.

A friend of mine recently setup an online store. They started off with a simple static HTML based site for very basic display of product information and were manging orders through PayPal. Since they have outgrown this setup, they have recently decided to implement a complete eCommerce solution which would allow them to integerate the entire online shopping experience for customers into their own website and to also manage orders/customers from an admin area too. For this purpose, they recently comissioned another company to provide them with a solution and ended up with a Megento based online shopping cart.

During demo/setup etc, the solution seemed to be working fine, but it fell flat on it's face pretty much as soon as it was ported over to the live environment. They experienced severe performance problems which bought their business to almost a standstill for days. The hosting provider and the Magento solution provider were blaming each other for the failure and after a lot of investigative work the client decided to terminate the project and start again.

This is where I come in. Having done a bit of research we've come to the conclusion that nopCommerce will be the ideal solution for the needs of the business and are planning to get things set up over the next few days. Due to the client's recent bad experience, they are understandbly now taking very cautious steps with regards to choosing a solution/hosting provider etc.

So basically my question is around performance of the nopCommerce solution and whether it would be able to manage with the load we are planning. I'm also looking into hosting providers and have had a brief look at the recommended hosts on the website. Here are a few basic statistics I've gathered from the client in order to help choose a host and confirm nopCommerce's abillity to meet/exceed our performance expectations.

(1) Maximum total number of products: 200 currently, may go up to 500 max
(2) Maximum total number of product categories: About 30-40
(3) Maximum number of unique visitors per month: TBC
(4) Maximum number of sales per month: Around 300-500, but could exceed this when new popular products are launched.

Can anyone confirm whether nopCommerce would be able to deal with such numbers? Also if anyone could recommend reasonably priced hosting that is reliable and would give good performance that would also be useful.

13 лет назад
parvez wrote:

(1) Maximum total number of products: 200 currently, may go up to 500 max
(2) Maximum total number of product categories: About 30-40
(3) Maximum number of unique visitors per month: TBC
(4) Maximum number of sales per month: Around 300-500, but could exceed this when new popular products are launched.

nopcommerce is quite capable of handling these requirements

best regards,

hayden
13 лет назад
Many thanks for the response :)

As far as hosting options are concerned, we were considering the basic package provided by Arvixe (reommended on homepage): https://www.arvixe.com/asp_net_web_hosting

Could anyone confirm that this package would be sufficient for the metrics mentioned above?

Also, any general comments about the service provided by Arvixe would also be appreciated. Support availability, query turnaround times, any issues, uptime etc etc

Thanks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.