Force Product Variant Attribute Selection

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 лет назад
I have a product with a dropdown list type of Product Variant Attribute. Is there a way to force the user to select one of the attributes before they can add the product to their shopping cart?
13 лет назад
Ensure that 'Required' checkbox is checked (Product variant  details page > 'Product Variant Attributes' tab > 'Attributes' tab)
13 лет назад
I have the required field checked. However, I would like to start out with a blank entry n the combobox and then force them to choose from the list. This is a combobox list of routers. I made the first entry "Choose Router". However, people are missing that and simply ordering the product and not selecting which router to order. I then get an order with a router of type: "Choose Router". I would like to start out with no entry in the field and then force them to pick a router. If they do not chooese it would not let them add the item to their cart. I assume this is possible and I am just missing something.
13 лет назад
The way that attributes work is if you have something selected already (like your "Choose Router" selection) then that will become what the customer has ordered, even if they didn't touch that drop down - because it IS selected already.

nopCommerce won't let you add an attribute that is empty, so whichever attribute value you have first in the drop down list will be what they order if they don't choose one themselves. So... you have two options...

1. Use checkboxes - not great if there are a lot of choices, but you can have them set to have NO checkboxes checked so nopCommerce will force the customer to choose one.

2. Crack into the code and add your own custom code to trigger the cart warnings if "Choose Router" is selected and then nopCommerce will force the user to choose (seems like a lot of work - I can't see any way to do it easily).
13 лет назад
If this isn't on the feature list of a new version of nopCommerce, it sure seems like it should be.

A competing ASP.NET-based shopping cart system does this by having a "null" type of item in dropdowns. The null item is used for something like "<Select a Color>" choices, that themselves aren't choosable.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.