1.8 Upgrade process - DBuser/Pwd

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 лет назад
I just ran the version 1.8 upgrade. The first time I entered the incorrect username and password but the wizard still ran. Then once everything was done I tried to open the site and go a database login error. After changing the user and password on the backend the site came up, but was unable to log into the website with the admin account. I copied the files back over again and tried to run the upgrade again, this time it reported that I already had version 1.8. So I deleted the database and restored the 1.7 database. Restarted the upgrade process this time using the correct login and password for the Database. And now the site works just fine.

Dunno if thats a bug or not, but thought that I would pass it along.
13 лет назад
This is what I experinced too.

I am working on 3 different PCs now, to try to find out what happens during installation.
13 лет назад
@ hovengen

for some reason, my login started  asking for e-mail address rather than usernames (which it was set to before the upgrade)

is your site doing the same thing ?

my problem started after I clicked 'save' in global settings ( after changing the store theme - i had not changed anything in the 'other' tag)

I wonder if, in an upgrade,  the ' 'Usernames' enabled:  ' checkbox is unchecked ??
13 лет назад
yes i do this,   check the global settings --> Other --> 'Usernames' enabled and now i can't acces to control panel,
what can i do for disable this option ?
13 лет назад
the admin ( [email protected])  username is set as the admin email address, try logging in as this
13 лет назад
haydie wrote:
the admin ( [email protected])  username is set as the admin email address, try logging in as this

thanks for answering my problem but unfortunately I could not  get to my control panel
I try with   [email protected]
               password: admin
It does not work
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.