Performance: How to Precompile nopCommerce?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 лет назад
Hello,

I tried using Web Deployment Projects in VS2010 to Precompile nopCommerce 1.8.  Has anyone been successful at this?

Every morning, the first hit to my store takes a long time to load, as if the server is compiling it.  I thought if I could precompile the site, this this would alleviate this problem.  But pre-compilation leaves files out of certain paths that nopCommerce seems to think should be there.

Thanks!
E
13 лет назад
Are you by any chance using GoDaddy as your host?

I had similar issues with GoDaddy taking, believe it or not, nearly 8 MINUTES to load my home page.  Every morning, I would try my site, and every morning it was the same.

I believe GoDaddy was somehow resetting the server or processes during the night which caused a recompile the first time a user accessed the site.  Top the recompile off with overloaded servers on GoDaddy and you get a 8 minute load time.

There is a way to "Keep Alive" nopCommerce.  I never tried it myself.  I simply moved my site to another host and I have no problems since.

When I make a major change to my site that requires a "rebuild", I use CoreFTP to upload the entire site, and then I browse the site to force the host server to compile (takes less than 30 seconds on my current host) so my visitors should aways hit a pre-compiled website.
13 лет назад
Yes... I'm using GoDaddy.  I'll need to look into this Keep-Alive thing.  I wish I could just pre-compile as mentioned above.
13 лет назад
If GoDaddy resets the server/process that is running your site (which apparently they do every night), it will require a recompile anyway, regardless of whether or not you precompiled.  So precompiling isn't going to be very useful except for the first user that visits your site right after you uploaded.  Like I said, when I upload a major change, I force the compile by visiting the site.  Any users hitting the site after me won't have to wait.  Furthermore, the host I use doesn't reset their servers on a regular basis so once I upload and hit the site, my site remains responsive until the next time I update.

The "Keep Alive" feature is meant to hit the site at certain increments which forces a compile if required.
13 лет назад
I see what's happening now.  I've always used GoDaddy with clients because they make it VERY easy for me to instruct clients what to buy while they remain in full control of their property.

This is the first time I've tried to setup nopCommerce on GoDaddy though, and if it comes down to getting rid of GoDaddy or getting rid of nopCommerce, then I'm shopping for a new host for my clients.
13 лет назад
I found a other topic about this some time ago.

Go to setcronjob and create account. point to you website by including this line:

http://YoursiteStore/KeepAlive/Ping.ashx

Settings: Daily - minute: 19min - hour: all - day: all - week: all - month all

Thats it. However the jobs have a counter. So search for better 'free' cronjob alternatives...
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.