Creation or Modification of pages (License)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 лет назад
May I know what are things that you need to do regarding to the license for Creation of new pages or Modification of current pages? Such as do I need to publish my creation and modification and if needed how do I do that?.
13 лет назад
No, you don't have to contribute your changes back to us
13 лет назад
I think generally with open source you only have to contribute changes back or publish your source code if you redistribute and/or sell the software. e.g. you modify the Linux kernel for use your own machine = no problem. You modify the kernel and redistribute it or use some of the code in your own project which you then distribute in binary form = you have to open source it.
13 лет назад
Thank you Andrei. But do i need to put any message in the newly created or modified files?
13 лет назад
@kingboyk : How about these?

1). Let's say someone want to use nopCommerce and need my help for installation?

2). He need some features those are not available in nopCommerce and I have to develope those for him.

Can I charge him for my effort?
** In both case, I am not going to sell or redistribute the original nopCommerce source code.

The Licence document is a bit hard to understand for me.

Thanks in advance.
13 лет назад
Yea understanding License could be confusing...

Example: when redistribute and/or selling the original code is against license policy then how come there are many website that are selling nopCommerce themes ? As, they modify the original theme, so i guess when they deliver their work to any client they are redistributing the code after making changes..so it is ok ?

If we take example of : https://www.nopcommerce.com/p/107/apple-computer-black-modern.aspx

If you download this theme you will see at the top that it still says following, which is a proof that online theme stores modify the original theme and sells the themes, so is this ok ? if yes, then how it is different from "redistribute and/or selling the original code" ?

-------------------------------------------------------------
/* The contents of this file are subject to the nopCommerce Public License Version 1.0 ("License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
/* You may obtain a copy of the License at  https://www.nopcommerce.com/License.aspx.
/*
/* Software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" basis, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
/* See the License for the specific language governing rights and limitations under the License.
/*
/* The Original Code is nopCommerce.
/* The Initial Developer of the Original Code is NopSolutions.
/* All Rights Reserved.
/*
/* Contributor(s): RetroViz Design.

-------------------------------------------------------------
13 лет назад
kingboyk wrote:
I think generally with open source you only have to contribute changes back or publish your source code if you redistribute and/or sell the software. e.g. you modify the Linux kernel for use your own machine = no problem. You modify the kernel and redistribute it or use some of the code in your own project which you then distribute in binary form = you have to open source it.

You're absolutely right. But I don't require people to contribute your changes back to us.
BTW, you can find Mozilla Public License annotated here - www.mozilla.org/MPL/MPL-1.1-annotated.html
13 лет назад
nyan wrote:
@kingboyk : How about these?

1). Let's say someone want to use nopCommerce and need my help for installation?

2). He need some features those are not available in nopCommerce and I have to develope those for him.

Can I charge him for my effort?
** In both case, I am not going to sell or redistribute the original nopCommerce source code.

The Licence document is a bit hard to understand for me.

Thanks in advance.

I'm neither a lawyer nor a member of the NopCommerce team but my understanding is that both of those are fine. If you're ever unsure you can always ask Andrei.
13 лет назад
Thanks kingboyk.
Dont think me wrong. My question is for everyone and thank you for answering.

@Andrei -- is that true that both of my above mentioned questions are fine?

One more question here..

If i buy the key removal, can i remove "Powered by nopCommerce" and put "Powered by XXX" ?

Thanks.
13 лет назад
nyan wrote:
If i buy the key removal, can i remove "Powered by nopCommerce" and put "Powered by XXX" ?

Yes, you can
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.