updating NopModel.edmx

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 лет назад
Hi,

I added several fields to the address table. I made all changes in asp.net and ascx files. However when I tried to update NopModel.edmx file, the visual studio 2010 was hang. I left it more than 30 minutes, it was still hang.

Anyone updated the .edmx file?

thanks
13 лет назад
yes did that multiple time with no issues at all.

it must be something to do with your environment.
13 лет назад
How does the file access my local sql database? via connection string in databaseconnection.config file?

My dev box is:
windows 2003 server,
sql server 2008
visual studio 2010
13 лет назад
I found a problem. My VS was running under restriction mode. When i ran it with full admin role, it worked.
13 лет назад
oyoon wrote:
How does the file access my local sql database? via connection string in databaseconnection.config file?

My dev box is:
windows 2003 server,
sql server 2008
visual studio 2010

Open the Model file, go to properties and see ConnectionString. It is set by the wizzard but you can modify it manually (carefull the format).

from Nop, there is a piece of code that takes the regular connection string and builds one for the edmx file on the fly.

HTH
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.