Profiling Nop for Memory leaks and performance.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 лет назад
Hi, i wanted to share with you this quick info which i believe is important for many users (even if i am not done yet) but feel it would be good for you to know.

I recently and after moving to EF as a data layer, started profiling nop looking for clues on what, where and how to improve performance and response time if possible, and mainly see how memory allocation, cleanup, GC was doing within the application.

i can say that MS has done a great job on EF4 respect to the previous version. a lot of improvements although many think (including myself), that there is still room to do much better. the Nop implementation of EF seems to be very correct and clean.

the results of the profiling that has been done over a couple days has not shown any strange behavior nor an excess of memory allocation due to object creation ...

the largest set of objects held in memory was the resourceLocaleString collection.
Other then the number of Category and Products objects that were loaded in cache, and were still there after a relatively longtime of inactivity (which means that the implemented cache in nop is doing well), i have  not seen any weired stuff, meaning it is not doing wrong stuff. probably with some more digging, we could identify bottlenecks and work on performance.

there were howver few warnings regarding the RegEx usage of the UrlRewrinte library and the few calls to cookies handling and manipulations which honestly i need to understand a bit more so I am still investigating that.

I will publish soon the full results of the profiling for you to take a look at.

Honestly, Nop is much more stable then some might think. i am curious to compare the results of my tests against a version that uses a separate DAL and caching libraries.

I will follow up on this.
13 лет назад
That's great news so far.
Keep up with the good job
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.