Bug in password protected page feature in 1.7 and 1.8 version

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 лет назад
It seems like "password protected page" feature only works for pages created dynamically from admin section.

For example:

If any store owner for any reason wants to  password protect customer pages like "PrivacyInfo ", "ShippingInfo ", "AboutUs" etc, the password protected feature doesn't work, even though the list of topics shows that AboutUs, PrivacyInfo etc are password protected, the pages never asks for password.

I tried many ways for making these pages password projected and while working on it, i realized one thing about this feature.

Lets say the i make "AboutUs" page as password protected. Now, logically, it should work like this:

www.yourwebsite/AboutUs.aspx, and when you try to visit this page it should ask for password but it never does.

Now if you notice in Edit Topic section in About Us page, the url re-writing feature also gives you a url for about us page which looks like this:
www.yourwebsite/topic/about-us.aspx

password protected feature works if website visitor use this link but doesn't work for aboutus.aspx

so it seems like password protected feature works only when "Topic" word or path comes in the link or url and technically it should work irrespective of url for all the pages that comes under admin section >   Content Management   >   Topics
13 лет назад
Thanks for info. This issue is already fixed in upcoming 1.90
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.