Sell an externally defined product

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 лет назад
I have a client wishing to integrate nopCommerce's shopping cart with a tool hosted on another website that allows a visitor to create a custom piece of jewelery using a pre-built customization tool. After the user completes the design process the customization tool spits out a set of property/value pairs containing specific details for the product and the final price.

In one implementation I observed the output generated by the tool is forwarded to a Yahoo! shopping cart as a generic item specification with a price attached to it. For my client, I need to create a similar experience, but instead use nopCommerce as the checkout processor. I realize that there is no way native support for this, but I am wondering what the best approach might be using as much of the built-in functionality as possible.

One thought that comes to mind is having a very generic product defined ahead of time that I can decorate with product attributes in order to map the tool output to an actual product entity in nopCommerce, but one important caveat is that the 'template product' is not directly purchasable via the site unless it has been defined/refined by the custom tool.

Obviously, I will need to make some heavy customizations to the current system in order to produce the results I am seeking, but any advice on a good place to start would be very helpful.
13 лет назад
I want to do the same thing as you.
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/7650/how-to-mix-of-my-own-solution-and-nopcommerce.aspx

Have you solved the issue?

//Staffan
13 лет назад
You will have to modify or extend the Product template and the product background code. If you see the Build your Computer template, you will get good insight on how and what to proceed with.
13 лет назад
I am new to nopCommerce and would really appreciate if someone could tell me if there are any examples out there to look at. Although exempelt not work in exactly the way I want it would be still good to see something concrete example.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.