Category and Sub-Category Links

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 лет назад
I'm using NOP 1.7 Version, Theme nopclassic.
Question regarding Category and sub-category links:

I working on setting up my website and I'm having a problem with the way links show up on certain pages.

On my web site: www.blmgifts-bronnleyusa.com I have a main categories listed called "Bronnley" on the left navigation.  Under the "Bronnley" Category, there are additional Sub-Categories (Classic Floral, Men's, Citrus......) also on the left Navigation.  

When you click on the link "Bronnley" it pulls up my page and the information that I've entered.  Now if you scroll down to the bottom of the page it lists the Sub-Categories links in a vertical list (Classic Floral, Men's, Citrus, ....)
How do I get rid of these links at the bottom of the page.  They are not part of the footer.

The same thing happens if you go into one of the "Sub-Categories" Listed Under Bronnley.  If I go into the "Classic Floral" Link.  I have Sub-Categories  of the Classic Floral and the sub-categories of the classic floral are listed at the bottom of the page in a vertical list.

The Categories and Sub-Categories are already listed on the left navigation, so I really don't need them listed on the Main Category page also.    

Any help would be greatful.
13 лет назад
The links to the subcategories are created by the category template you are using (Products In Lines 1). Since you have created your own links to the subcategories within your category description, you can prevent the links created by the template from being displayed on the page by commenting them out.

Edit file: Templates\Categories\ProductsInLines1.ascx and add html comments (<!--  -->) (at lines 32 and 43) around the sub-category-list div and the clear div:
    <!--<div class="sub-category-list">
        <asp:Repeater ID="rptrSubCategories" runat="server" OnItemDataBound="rptrSubCategories_ItemDataBound">
            <ItemTemplate>
                <asp:HyperLink ID="hlCategory" runat="server" />
            </ItemTemplate>
            <SeparatorTemplate>
                <br />
            </SeparatorTemplate>
        </asp:Repeater>
    </div>
    <div class="clear">
    </div>-->

Then save the file (upload the modified file to the Templates\Categories\ folder on your web server) and refresh the category page in the browser.

---

The following files have been modified to comment out the subcategories repeater (for version 1.70):
ProductsInLines1.ascx
ProductsInLines2.ascx

13 лет назад
Thank you so much!  Your instructions were easy to follow and the links to the undated ascx files were wonderful!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.