Dear nopCommerce community!
The new version of nopCommerce is about to be released. But before we announce it officially, we want you to BETA test the upcoming nopCommerce 4.40 and share your feedback with us.
The highlights for this version:
• Upgrade to .NET 5
• Huge performance changes (including async methods)
• Full web farm support
• Two-factor authentication
• More user-friendly AJAX filters
• PostgreSQL database support
• Pre-configuration of a store during installation (based on a specified country)
• "First steps" (get started) wizard for the admin area
The version has a really huge list of changes. Please find all of them here.
In order to download nopCommerce 4.40 BETA please use the following links:
BETA 4.40 - Source code (download this package with source code if you are a web developer planning to customize nopCommerce.)
BETA 4.40 - No source code (download this package if you want to quickly deploy your site to a web server.)
P.S. We don't use upgrade scripts anymore (done automatically with migrations during the application start)
Bug bounty. We'd love if developers could get involved with testing to find any issues which will need fixing before the final release. Please share your thought after testing in this forum topic. Please also learn more about our BETA testing program here (earn $10 for each reported bug). Thank you!
Localization. We would also like to ask our community to help us to localize a couple of new strings to local languages. We need them for our new updated installation page:
1. Please go to https://crowdin.com/project/nopcommerce
2. Click on your language name
3. Open the "installation.xml" file under the "nopCommerce-4.40" directory
4. Suggest localization of new locales
It'll take just a minute. Thanks a lot for your contribution in advance!