Product Attributes and Pricing

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 года назад
I'm evaluating NOPCommerce with a view to porting a large site and have a concern about how the product pages show the 'old' price on apparel products with size attributes.

In NOPComerce, I see that every product has a single (base) price and an old price, and then the attributes (different sizes of that product) can add to that price, for example with shoes, larger sizes might cost more.

On the product page, when selecting an attribute that has a price adjustment, e.g. an additional $10, it will show the correct adjusted price for the selected size, but the 'Old' price still shows the old price for the base size - not the original (adjusted) price for the selected size. It is therefore not the old price for that size!

Am I missing something, or is this just accepted functionality of NOP Commerce?

Also, if running a sale whereby all products in a category are are reduced by 20%, we'd need to both set the base price down by 20% as well as reduce all the attributes down by 20% unless they were percentage based (although that introduces another problem in that the product pages show the percentage adjustments which isn't very user friendly - for our customer type, customers will understand $ amounts better than percentages!).

I would be interested to hear how others deal with these situations with apparel products ...just accept it as the way it works, or pay for custom development? TIA
3 года назад
pumpkinpip wrote:

Am I missing something, or is this just accepted functionality of NOP Commerce?

Yes, this is a standard functionality of nopCommerce! You need to customize as per your requirements to achieve the functionality you want.
3 года назад
RE:  "... need to both set the base price down by 20% as well as reduce all the attributes down by 20% ..."

Have you looked at using Discounts?
3 года назад
Thank you - yes, I have just seen those - they make much more sense to use in this case and make discounting very easy.

However, when selecting a different attribute that has a price adjustment (e.g. a shoe size) it shows the correct discounted price (taking into account the base price plus attribute adjustment less discounted amount), but the 'old' price will still show the old base price of the product regardless of attribute selected (e.g. the original price of the lowest cost shoe size) and not the old price that the selected attribute/size was originally available at ... but I guess that will require customisation.
3 года назад
Yes, it would require customization; however, attributes don't have an 'old' Price adjustment.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.