Hi All,
I am new nopCommerce but as a .NET Core developer I would like to use it for a commercial website and am considering how to best deploy it on Azure.
It would be great  be able to use the latest Azure tooling such as "Azure container apps" and "Azure SQL DB Serverless" to deploy it and have Azure deal with scalability while keeping running costs down (i.e. only pay for processing used).
I have looked at the Docker documentation for nopCommerce and have run the Docker Hub image of nopCommerce locally and got it interoperating with SQL Express and it looks promising as a DevOps option but I wondered if anyone in the community was deploying it commercially as a container app.
Has anyone in the community had success deploying nopCommerce as a container app and if so what were the pitfalls they encountered and had to overcome?
For example, do plugins play nicely with nopCommerce in a container? Do you need to use the admin panel to install and configure plugins (which is probably using WebDav to write plugin files to the server?) or can you fold them into your Docker image build process or perhaps are all the plugin files written to the same storage area that could be referenced with a common volume mount shared by all containers? Any other issues that make nopCommerce as container app a non-starter?
Any guidance welcome as I am wary of starting down a path that has already been discounted due to fundamental barriers that I am unaware of :-)
Many thanks,
Craig