Sell video lessons

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 лет назад
Hi, I'm wondering if there is a way to sell streaming video lessons on a product page so that you don't actually download the video but rather stream it whenever you log into the site? If there is nothing to do this now is it reasonable to say that you could develop a custom way to do this on your product page? I know how to stream video etc I just want to make sure that this is customizable enough to add this in. Thanks!
13 лет назад
yes it's technically feasible through customization.
we can have a high level design like this:
1. allow admin upload videos from admin page or FTP, and auto convert to stream file.
2. modify product page, when buyer visits this page, check his order history whether he is eligible to view video, if not, display a message + payment box instead;
3. shipping address and shipping options won't be necessary, so can be removed from order, account, and notification modules.

we can do even further:
you even can add a product named "fringe season 1", and add 20 episodes, each episode is an product attributes, so buyer can pay be episode instead of whole series :)
13 лет назад
another suggestion is to modify a product so that when it is purchased the account is added to a group, such as favorit customers, and then the page with the video stream is setup to only allow members of that group to view it.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.