Selling actual Videos ...as products

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 лет назад
Is there a simple way to sell "videos" as the products for sale?

I don't mean references to youtube videos ...but loading the actual video and maybe changing the Product List and Product View pages to have an embedded video player (developed in SilverLight) ?
13 лет назад
pandiani wrote:
Is there a simple way to sell "videos" as the products for sale?

I don't mean references to youtube videos ...but loading the actual video and maybe changing the Product List and Product View pages to have an embedded video player (developed in SilverLight) ?

You can sell videos as downloadable products:
In admin>catalog>products>manage products>add new product, define it as a  Downloadable product   and then a list of options will appear to define how, where, how many times, for how long time, etc. your product (video) might be downloaded:

Use download URL:    
Download URL:    
Download file:    
Unlimited downloads:    
Max. downloads:      
Number of days:    
Download activation type:   When Order Is Paid Manually  
Has user agreement :    
User agreement text :  
Has sample download file:    
Use download URL:    
Download URL:    
Sample download file:
13 лет назад
Ideally I could change the View ASPX pages to add my player and then stream the file on it.
I'm assuming the Admin already allows the upload of files (when they are downloadable)

Is that right ?
13 лет назад
pandiani wrote:
A)  Ideally I could change the View ASPX pages to add my player and then stream the file on it.
B) I'm assuming the Admin already allows the upload of files (when they are downloadable)

Is that right ?

A) The user downloads the video and then he/she ca play it in any player available. Maybe you can built your own player tu be used by the client in your site. I am not that familiar with the latter issue

B) You have 2 options for downloading: from your store (for which the Admin lets you upload the file and/or the demo) or from another URL. Check demo admin for Poker Face Product:
http://admin-demo.nopcommerce.com/administration/ProductVariantDetails.aspx?ProductVariantID=68

And demo store for same product:
http://demo.nopcommerce.com/products/59-poker-face.aspx
13 лет назад
I'm thinking that the whole idea behind nopCommerce is that developers can "change" certain ASPX pages to do exactly what they want.

FONT END
I would assume that it's only a matter of adding the player to the ProductView page itself and ensure that the player shows when the product (video) has been paid for.

ADMIN
The administration module should remain the same.

Am I thinking in the right direction?
13 лет назад
pandiani wrote:
I'm thinking that the whole idea behind nopCommerce is that developers can "change" certain ASPX pages to do exactly what they want.

FONT END
I would assume that it's only a matter of adding the player to the ProductView page itself and ensure that the player shows when the product (video) has been paid for.

ADMIN
The administration module should remain the same.

Am I thinking in the right direction?

This one may help:
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/9470/sell-video-lessons.aspx
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.