Any Alternatives to Braintree?

3 месяца назад
I've been using the Braintree plugin on one of my sites for about 10 years, no problems. Now I'm trying to set up a new NopCommerce website with Braintree and it's been 3 weeks and they still won't communicate despite calling every day. Ever since PayPal bought out Braintree it seems like they don't want any new business thru Braintree. Since PayPal won't let me pass their fee on to the customer, I'll never use them on this new site. There has to be a better service out there for NopCommerce. This is a US based website in dollars. Anyone?
3 месяца назад
Craig_Johnson wrote:
Since PayPal won't let me pass their fee on to the customer

I realise the Standard PayPal commerce plugin does not allow you to enter an additional fee
But do you mean this is stipulated in the PayPal policy that you cannot change a customer what it actually costs to provide a product or service i.e. include an additional fee?
Credit card fees are everywhere and in Australia some are even charging a fee to pay via cash
2 месяца назад
(@Yidna.  Yes, it is stipulated in the PayPal terms that you cannot indicate a charge to the customer for using PayPal, and the Braintree terms say you  can.)

@Craig
RE: "has to be a better service"
"Better" in what respect - allowing you to charge the customer a payment fee?
I'd think that all payment service providers are charging you a fee - yes?
In your other site, are you charging the customer a fee for Braintree payments, and indicating that to the customer?

I see two options:
1) Use the term "Handling fee" rather than "Payment fee".  The way I read their terms, PayPal allows that, but you need to use the same term and same amount (fixed or %) as you are charging for your other payment methods.

2) Consider that the fee the payment providers charge you would be added to your "margin".  I.e. raise your prices by ~3%.  (This may not work well for you if you're using "psychological pricing" - E.g. $xx.99)
2 месяца назад
New York wrote:
(@Yidna.  Yes, it is stipulated in the PayPal terms that you cannot indicate a charge to the customer for using PayPal, and the Braintree terms say you  can.)

They say you can add a surcharge in Australia
Can I surcharge PayPal payments?
If you choose to, you can surcharge up to the amount you pay PayPal to receive a transaction as a percentage of your total price. However, we don’t recommend you do surcharge your customers. Adding a surcharge can significantly increase your abandonment rates and, in turn, your ability to grow your online business. Any surcharge you apply may only be expressed as a percentage of the sale total, not a fixed dollar amount.
https://www.paypal.com/au/cshelp/article/can-i-surcharge-paypal-payments-help981

New York wrote:
Use the term "Handling fee" rather than "Payment fee".  

So in the US it is just how you name the additional fee ?
No surcharges
You agree that you will not impose a surcharge or any other fee for accepting PayPal as a payment method. You may charge a handling fee in connection with the sale of goods or services as long as the handling fee does not operate as a surcharge and is not higher than the handling fee you charge for non-PayPal transactions.
https://www.paypal.com/us/legalhub/useragreement-full

The reason I ask is that in my Paypal Commerce pluign I allowed the additonal fee to be used and added to the purchase price in the checkout
2 месяца назад
RE: "So in the US it is just how you name the additional fee ?"
I'm not sure if that's the general practice.  In this case it just seems as if PayPal is providing a "workaround" for merchants to deal with it.  (Since many other payment methods do allow it ;)

Personally, I agree with "...we don’t recommend you do surcharge your customers. Adding a surcharge can significantly increase your abandonment rates", which is why above I suggest "added to your "margin".
2 месяца назад
I'm mostly having trouble with Braintree not working with me to get it set up for over 3 weeks now.