nopCommerce v2.40 roadmap

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
We've prepared a draft of the roadmap for the next version of nopCommerce (2.40). Estimate release time - the beginning of 2012 (the end of January).

There's only one really important task. It is Mobile devices support. You can find all of the existing work items for 2.40 here.

Writing developer documentation is also planned in the near time. It will be published for free.

UPDATE: Developer documentation is available here now.

UPDATE 2: Release date. Please see the following post for more information https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/13315/nopcommerce-v240-roadmap.aspx?p=14#60978
12 years ago
a.m. wrote:

Writing developer documentation is also planned in the near time. It will be published for free.

This would be a great step forward in helping the community to contribute more...I think we also need a thread to outline what should be included in the developer doc. Looking forward to it...
12 years ago
You can find a list of the planned articles here. Any suggestions are welcome!
12 years ago
Hey Andrei,

Can we make this a setting in the Catalog Settings Area instead of hard coding it?

CatalogController Line 419

ImageUrl = _pictureService.GetPictureUrl(picture, 70),

Oliver
12 years ago
_ProductAttributes is ignored by theme engine...
12 years ago
Roadmap for 2.4 version is looking great...

Mobile devices support is certainly an important task along with the developer documentation.

Andrei, if you need a hand, I would be happy to contribute in "Creating themes" section for the developer documentation.
12 years ago
abcd_12345 wrote:
Andrei, if you need a hand, I would be happy to contribute in "Creating themes" section for the developer documentation.

Sure. Any help would be great! Thanks!
12 years ago
mcselasvegas wrote:
Can we make this a setting in the Catalog Settings Area instead of hard coding it?

..._ProductAttributes is ignored by theme engine...

Sure. Thanks for info
12 years ago
I think search is a very basic feature where nopC lacks right now. We should make this a part of the roadmap cuz full text search and search within subcategories is something that has been wanted for a very long time.

If a customer cannot find a product they will never spend time looking for things, they will just move on. Mobile tech is good but we have to keep in mind that on mobile devices no one spends time browsing through categories and manufaturer lists. They need to quickly reach to the product with one click and that can be achieved through search.

I know there is too much to do with too few resources but please shift some effort on strengthening this feature also, as this is the demand of many users.
12 years ago
infiniti wrote:
...We should make this a part of the roadmap cuz full text search and search within subcategories is something that has been wanted for a very long time.

Please go and vote for them here and here
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.