nopCommerce v2.40 roadmap

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
Voted :-) Another nice thing would be that the home page could display featured products by category like in

http://www.beliscity.com/

Secondly their search has a very nice dropdown which helps you select the category in which you want to search just like amazon. This is a very handy feature and saves a lot of time.
12 years ago
One thing that I would like to see improved upon is the following.

I prefer for customers to login with their email address (just easier to remember) so I uncheck this setting 'Usernames' enabled:.
The problem now becomes that I don't like my email nor my full name (and my customers emails) to be publicly available on the forum.

I wonder if it possible to have a setting that allows to login with your email address only and then uses a username for forums and other public areas.

Thank you,
Oliver
12 years ago
when I drop TopicDetails into the theme (/theme/views/topics/topicdteails.cshtml) I get this error

Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS1061: 'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper<Nop.Web.Models.Topics.TopicModel>' does not contain a definition for 'AddTitleParts' and no extension method 'AddTitleParts' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper<Nop.Web.Models.Topics.TopicModel>' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
12 years ago
mcselasvegas wrote:
when I drop TopicDetails into the theme (/theme/views/topics/topicdteails.cshtml) I get this error...

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/12964/compiler-error-message-cs1061-on-topic-pages.aspx

P.S. Please post questions like this into new topics. It's not about nopCommerce 2.40 roadmap!
12 years ago
Can we please, please have file upload option attribute, would make life much easier.

Steve
12 years ago
MrShrek wrote:
Can we please, please have file upload option attribute, would make life much easier.

Please go and vote for this task here
12 years ago
did that before posting, finger crossed.

Steve
12 years ago
It will be good to add a "plug-in" manager, not like current plugin list, it should:
- Enable/disable plugins
- detect plugin updates from its source(should also able to detect 3rd party updates without visiting nopcom.com)
- smart enough to detect plugin conflicts
- one click installation, without download and upload again
- standardized development methodology so developers can create plugins by themselves(no need to copy and paste an existing plugin)

Reason: plugin is the most important thing for product extensive, it helps user(business user who pays for it) archive their business needs, and also drive more people to use nopcom because plugin empower the product itself.
It will Get more developers because more business people use and more business requirements.
with more business and tech people, the community can growth faster.

P.S: having a road map is good, but I think it's a bit early to fix the release date, because we haven't confirm the features in 2.4, we don't know how much effort we need to implement all features, don't we fix the release date after we workout the feature list? :)
12 years ago
nopDev wrote:
It will be good to add a "plug-in" manager, not like current plugin list, it should...

This task is already created (here)

nopDev wrote:
having a road map is good, but I think it's a bit early to fix the release date, because we haven't confirm the features in 2.4, we don't know how much effort we need to implement all features, don't we fix the release date after we workout the feature list? :)

The beginning of 2012 is just an estimate. Mobile devices support can take up to several weeks. So 2.40 will not be released earlier than the beginning of 2012 anyway.
12 years ago
mcselasvegas wrote:

The problem becomes that I don't like my email nor my full name (and my customers emails) to be publicly available on the forum.

I agree.  An option (check box) to treat the username as an alias for public postings would be excellent! Or a separate alias field.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.