New more user friendly product/variants logic. Let's discuss

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
sch09 wrote:
Please change the payment logic to allow saving payments in a separate table of each order.

Thanks for suggestion. You can vote for this work item here
10 years ago
sch09 and jariwalakrunal wrote:

Please post all suggestions,questions,etc not related to the original topic in separate topics. This one is only about product-productvariant logic refactoring
10 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Moreover, are all the simple product will be having same  or different product detail page URL? Or it will only available for as single configurable product?
Not sure that I got your question. All products have same URL? Each product will have its own URL (no matter simple it or grouped). You can download the latest version and play with it

Sure, I will download it and check it.
10 years ago
This is perhaps not strictly speaking about the product / product variant redesign, but could we study a redesign of the database scheme storage of quantities in stock when inventory is done by product attributes? The XML field is not very handy when you have to sync data between databases (Nop db and ERP db).
10 years ago
zar wrote:
This is perhaps not strictly speaking about the product / product variant redesign, but could we study a redesign of the database scheme storage of quantities in stock when inventory is done by product attributes? The XML field is not very handy when you have to sync data between databases (Nop db and ERP db).

No, it's not planned. The current way of storing attribute combinations is the easiest one and matches the way how it's stored for orderitems, shoppingcartitem, etc.
10 years ago
OK ;)
10 years ago
Is there going to be a view all products option?
Something that displays all products from the database.
View entire product range?
10 years ago
JonNopper wrote:
Is there going to a view all products option?
Something that displays all products from the database.
View entire product range?

Admin area > products > manage products
10 years ago
ok. just got a quick look at the new changeset and so far I see 3 major issues :

1 - limiting associated produts to only one grouped product is a very big problem in my opinion and defeats the purpose of having grouped products. here is a very simple example:

I sell product A and along with it I offer a 50$ gift card for X USD
and
I sell product B and I also offer a 50$ gift card for y USD

with the current scheme, this is not possible since I can only make the giftcard go with one product. this is true for the rest of the combinations ...

2 - in a grouped product, associated products that do a have tiered prices still offer the tiered price table. tiered prices should only apply to the main product (the grouped product) and in this case tiered prices for the associated product should not be shown nor calculated in the order.

3 - a gift card that is associated into the grouped product is not added to cart when a grouped product is added to cart and the reason is because the "add to cart" button is shown for each of the associated products just like the variants. instead, there should be just one "add to cart" button that adds all associated products in the group for the price of the group and not the sum of all prices.

thx.
10 years ago
sch09 wrote:
ok. just got a quick look at the new changeset and so far I see 3 major issues :

1 - limiting associated produts to only one grouped product is a very big problem in my opinion and defeats the purpose of having grouped products. here is a very simple example:

I sell product A and along with it I offer a 50$ gift card for X USD
and
I sell product B and I also offer a 50$ gift card for y USD

with the current scheme, this is not possible since I can only make the giftcard go with one product. this is true for the rest of the combinations ...

2 - in a grouped product, associated products that do a have tiered prices still offer the tiered price table. tiered prices should only apply to the main product (the grouped product) and in this case tiered prices for the associated product should not be shown nor calculated in the order.

3 - a gift card that is associated into the grouped product is not added to cart when a grouped product is added to cart and the reason is because the "add to cart" button is shown for each of the associated products just like the variants. instead, there should be just one "add to cart" button that adds all associated products in the group for the price of the group and not the sum of all prices.

thx.

I think you're looking for bundled products features.. which is yet not implemented. Grouped products is similar to Product with multiple variants.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.