nopCommerce 3.30 roadmap and estimated release date. Let's discuss.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 years ago
Hi,

Firstly, thanks for all the great work. I've just set up 3.30 on a test server, and it seems to run a lot faster than the existing ones for me!

I had a quick question about the additional customer specific attributes. I'd like customers to select their customer type and enter an account number (if they know theirs) on registration, but restrict the ability to edit these fields after registration to administators only. Is this possible at all?

Thanks
10 years ago
infiniti wrote:
an we upgrade directly from 3.1 or should we go 3.1->3.2->3.3 without any risks?

please read Upgrading nopCommerce. You have to upgrade 3.1->3.2->3.3
10 years ago
fnjiwa wrote:
I had a quick question about the additional customer specific attributes. I'd like customers to select their customer type and enter an account number (if they know theirs) on registration, but restrict the ability to edit these fields after registration to administators only. Is this possible at all?

Sure, you can create such attribute. But if you want to hide them on the customer information page (do not allow editing by a customer), then it'll require some customization
10 years ago
infiniti wrote:
Hi,

Updated from 3.1 to 078ec7b7b121

Error:
Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information...

Can we upgrade directly from 3.1 or should we go 3.1->3.2->3.3 without any risks?

Yes, it is better to update the series: 3.1->3.2->3.3
10 years ago
vladundhanna wrote:
Yes, it is better to update the series: 3.1->3.2->3.3

It's not just "better". It's the only possible way to upgrade from 3.10 to 3.30
10 years ago
Hi Andrei

The CSS and Javascript does not seem to be bundled or minified in 3.30 when selected in Admin.
10 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Announcement (March 19th). The new version will be released at the beginning of April (no certain date yet). Now we're testing the BETA version. The latest BETA version of nopCommerce is available on CodePlex site here (our repository). If you would like to participate in the testing portion of our development cycle and report bugs you find, this beta version might be for you. Just download the solution and run it.

P.S. This release is unstable and should not be used anyplace where your data is important.

I downloaded and installed v3.30 beta and as always compliments for the nopcommerce team on the achievements!

I noticed telerik UI MVC has been replaced by Kendo UI in the admin area. I tested this with another language (nl-NL) hoping the date/time/number format issues would have been fixed.... unfortunately it seems the admin UI still uses en-US date/numberformatting while in nl-NL language?

(http://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/10321)
10 years ago
XtremeCommerce wrote:
The CSS and Javascript does not seem to be bundled or minified in 3.30 when selected in Admin.

Have you disabled "debug" in web.config file as it's stated in the setting hints?
10 years ago
Hi Andrei

Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction, I did check the hint for the bundled CSS and Javascript in the admin, but I have different hint message's !!

a.m. wrote:
Have you disabled "debug" in web.config file as it's stated in the setting hints?

But I get the following hints.

For Javascript : Enable to combine (bundle) multiple JavaScript files into a single file. Don't enable if you're running nopCommerce in web farms or Windows Azure.

For CSS: Enable to combine (bundle) multiple CSS files into a single file. Don't enable if you're running nopCommerce in web farms or Windows Azure. It also doesn't work in virtual IIS directories.

There's no mention of Web Config changes.
10 years ago
XtremeCommerce wrote:
There's no mention of Web Config changes.

Sure. Sorry for confusing. It's not mentioned there. But this is how bundling and minification is implemented in "Microsoft.AspNet.Web.Optimization" library.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.